PDA

View Full Version : What type of racing do you Prefer?

Jerren
11-04-2002, 08:50 AM
I personally use to like the Stop light to Stop light but i like the organized illegals now.

pearldrop
11-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Legal is the only way to go.

Jims 86LXI HB
11-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Other:
I just go out and have fun in way's to don't involve a risk to anyone but myself. The fun is in seeing how well I can do it quickly and smoothly while on the edge of the envelope. Call it back roads racing I guess. I'm not into speed contest's againt other's, if I had allot more power, then maybe.

socal3rdgen
11-04-2002, 09:46 AM
i like doing what jim does when i get a new part for my car. but i like stop light gran prix better.

Scorpion88LX
11-04-2002, 09:59 AM
I like road racing because it takes skill to manipulate a car correctly through turns, to know when to eccelerate/brake, and to know when your on the edge. Not to say that drag racing doesn't take skill just a different kind.

Grant2k
11-04-2002, 10:10 AM
i voted for legal drag racing just because it is the cheapest and easiest to get involved in. i think it does take a certain amount of skill, mostly in just cutting a good light. but i think that what Jim said is the most fun, and i would like to get involved in real scca type racing someday, autocross or something.
never illegal racing. that's bad news.

89LXiCoupe
11-04-2002, 10:36 AM
I would have to say road and other. Let's see, I'd stop at the light, rev along with the other person and when the light turns green, just drive normal, making the other person seem like he's racing against himself. Other than that, I like gripping sometimes with my cousins and some of my friends. To me, gripping is like taking corners at a higher speed than a normal driver. So far I haven't lost to any of my cousins yet cuz they're scared and just think I'm crazy for doing what I do.

socal3rdgen
11-04-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 89LXiCoupe
I would have to say road and other. Let's see, I'd stop at the light, rev along with the other person and when the light turns green, just drive normal, making the other person seem like he's racing against himself. Other than that, I like gripping sometimes with my cousins and some of my friends. To me, gripping is like taking corners at a higher speed than a normal driver. So far I haven't lost to any of my cousins yet cuz they're scared and just think I'm crazy for doing what I do.

ha you have yet to ride with me though. i scare the pants off of most ppl. :lol

by the way do you live in southern cali. if so go here http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6284

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
11-04-2002, 11:08 AM
I do Stop light to stop light

87AccordsterLx
11-04-2002, 11:53 AM
haha.. socal... you sound like you drive exactly like I do.... haha.. next come I back to visit we'll cruz around and I''ll introduce you to my crazy street racer friends....lol....

87accordlxi
11-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by pearldrop
Legal is the only way to go.

merlindavis
11-04-2002, 01:12 PM
hondas were not designed with drag racing in mind, so why do it with a honda? i'm going to assume that the road racing selection means a circuit, autocross, or touring style track, and definately not a circle track... i personally dislike drag racing, no real fun in it... if i had a powerfull rear wheel or AWD car, then maybe i'd think twice about it... and why is rally not a selection?

socal3rdgen
11-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
haha.. socal... you sound like you drive exactly like I do.... haha.. next come I back to visit we'll cruz around and I''ll introduce you to my crazy street racer friends....lol....

hit me up when you in the area.

i drive like im racing nascar. anytime i see prey (other rice rockets) i go for them. :lol

anchovies
11-04-2002, 02:42 PM
yeah...rally
rally on asphalt
I guess that's road racing without the traffic lights and jams and cops

FatBob
11-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Whatever...all of those are good

RobT5580
11-05-2002, 08:48 PM
I would say only at the track.........A kid just died in front of my house while passing his friend but there was an oncoming car so he hit the brakes and went off and hit a tree. I am so shaken by this and cant even think about anything else. Me and the other driver had to search for the person(s) in the woods because the car was spit into 3 sections. His friend was going nuts because he just saw his friend hit the tree and im very shaken because i saw the kid still in the seat unconsious. Racing is a deadly game and know that you risk other peoples lives when you drive reckless. The accident was over 3 hrs ago and my heart is still racing. I didnt even know him but he was 18 and in high school. Think before you race guys and this is definally changed my life seeing someone clinging onto life in front of your face.

Jerren
11-06-2002, 04:44 PM
were the people racing or what? and around here you have to wait 2 hours between each pass to race legally. and we do our illegals in an industrial district w/no traffic or residence.

RobT5580
11-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Yeah they were racing and its been a very bad experience to see and i didnt even know the kid. I understand your point at the track but thats where i stand after seeing what i did. The bad thing is everyone keeps stopping and leaving things at the tree and of course my room is at the front of the house. Hope nobody else has to see what i did.

KaMiKaZeE
11-08-2002, 02:07 PM
And racing in an industrial district with no traffic or residence may seem like a good idea, but what about when you wipe out and crash and there is no one to pull you from the wreckage 'cause no one knows it happened so you just die without rescue? Or worse yet, if your car catches fire and no one is there to put it out or free you so you burn to death?:burn:

Race legal people.

socal3rdgen
11-08-2002, 02:14 PM
or better yet go race on the street and kill some innocent person instead of yourself becuz if you (the lawbreaker) wants someone to see you and help you if you crash........ street racing is not a good i dea period. i will tell you that i do it all the time. but i know what im getting into. 8i would rather kll myself then to kill someone innocent.

*edit - i misread your post. yes legal racing is better.

A20A1
11-11-2002, 04:35 AM
Tokyo Xtreme! :D

Nah I like Touring courses and Rally...

KaMiKaZeE
11-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Oh yeah Rally is the BEST!:D

Jerren
11-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by KaMiKaZeE
And racing in an industrial district with no traffic or residence may seem like a good idea, but what about when you wipe out and crash and there is no one to pull you from the wreckage 'cause no one knows it happened so you just die without rescue? Or worse yet, if your car catches fire and no one is there to put it out or free you so you burn to death?:burn:

Race legal people.

thats part of participating in illegal activity.

A20A1
11-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Accord GT wide body... :D

anchovies
11-11-2002, 10:14 PM
nice..SEGA Accord GT :D

Grant2k
11-12-2002, 05:40 AM
exellent photoshoppery mike.

BMS
02-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Road racing is the best, up in the mountains with you and the car, pushing it so hard that you can fel the car slip everytime you hit anything at all. I love it when I'm pushing it around a corner and hit just the smallest lttle bump and I can feel the car just hop to the side. It's great. But, illegal dragging is the best to go out on a Sat night with buddies and hang out and watch all the mustangs fishtail the whole 1/5 mile. Not to participate, though.

cdscowboy
02-18-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm definitely gonna have to say RALLY!!! Hell yeah man...nothing better than going balls to the wall on a narrow forest road, railing the corners, ahhhh.....god I love it... If I could actually do that as a profession, I would. It'd be such a thrill. And also it's not just limited to the dirt roads either...there's road rallies that would rock your world :wink: But I haven't actually ever done it...:( lol maybe someday when I can afford a really big POS to just bash to all hell and stuff! I can dream...

BensAccordLxi
02-19-2003, 07:50 AM
I like AutoCross. I started the work on my Accord just for that. I do alot of in town racing and some orginized illegal drag racing(out in the middle of the desert) but I like the AutoCross the best. SCCA all the way.