PDA

View Full Version : headlight conversion

86accordlxi-fi
11-04-2002, 10:49 AM
Im looking for a way to do a headlight conversion so that i dont have popup headlights anymore. does anyone know a way to do that, or headlights from another honda that would fit the design of the popups. i noticed that the older prelude lights look somewhat similar to the popup style, could those be used. Im willing to do some adjustments to the fitting if I have to

socal3rdgen
11-04-2002, 10:53 AM
someones going to burn you for this post. you have to custom install with a pretty good amount of body work. theres a person here with newer style prelude lights. i think it looks sick but i like the fip ups. i would say read up on what athers have done. :D

smufguy
11-04-2002, 12:24 PM
well, if u reall y wanna loose the flip ups, then u need to get a jed accord style front end. But do remember, u cannot use the regular hood u have right now or ur side fenders. Thats gonna cost a lot and with total conversion in a respectable body shop, its gonna push it around 3000 bucks for that conversion. If u wanna do it on ur own. u can do it, u can try using plexi glass for the outer cover, put like a headlight from any other car.

THIS IS GONNA BE HELLA WORK AND I WOULD SAY U BETTER STAY WITH THE POP UPS CAUSE IT FLOWS WITH OUR CAR. IF ANYTHING ELSE WOULD LOOK LIKE ASS!! ~~~~~ thats in my opinion.

86accordlxi-fi
11-04-2002, 07:19 PM
thanks for the info, ill just keep the pop ups, they arent that bad, i didnt know it took that much work and money. anyone know if blue halogen bulbs look good with the pop ups

Jerren
11-04-2002, 07:33 PM
lol, you shot down his dreams with the $3000 part.

sanjay
11-05-2002, 01:05 AM
there are many who've done it, - some with new prelude lights@!

Jerren
11-05-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by sanjay
there are many who've done it, - some with new prelude lights@!

no they haven't

socal3rdgen
11-05-2002, 05:29 PM
there are "some" that have but not many. one that i know of.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
11-06-2002, 02:51 AM
There's a very economical way of going about this. Simply remove the fuses to the headlight motors. The motors will stay up permanently. Granted it doesn't look as "flashy" or sleek as a fourth gen. accord but you're in for some body work as an alternative.

Yes, you should burn in hell for even thinking such a thought. The retractable headlights are wonderful.:lol

Claude

DarknessRS
11-06-2002, 10:27 AM
Here are two pics of the Japanese front ends

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e44ae44e/bc/Posts/euro1.jpg?bcdvO89AkkvuzFRe

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e44ae44e/bc/Posts/euro2.jpg?bc0vO89AqtYFcsVT

smufguy
11-07-2002, 06:52 PM
the pop ups are own man. they were the first and last on any gen accord. Keep it, save it. It makes a statement. U can do stationary lights with flip up lids if u want which is also one my ideas in the future. it will be awsome. Sorry if i shot ur dreams down. I just provided with u what u were about to deal with. cause i have researched about it (hahaha, not really) and its just not worth it. besides the JDM version looks like an overgrown civic from the front and back.