PDA

View Full Version : 89 SE-I Rear Disk Brake Conversion

88Sleeper
06-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey Guys,

So long story short, I can't for the life of me find an SE-I anywhere around here to use a as a donor for the rear-disc brake conversion.
My drums are also going out again, so I'm hoping I can get my hands on a set before the summer ends. To be honest I am mostly just
concerned with getting the Rear arms, hubs, and just the basics to be able to mount discs on the car. I don't mind making the hard lines myself,
or sourcing the e-brake lines either, although those would be a really great bonus if you have them.

I'm finally getting settled in at a new job, so hopefully will be able to give my 3G some more love this year :lol:

Thanks for any help/info in advance!
-Dominic

Dr_Snooz
06-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Boy are you asking at the right time.

www.3geez.com/forum/classic-accords-preludes/84998-xenon-body-kit-2dr-coupe-misc.html
http://www.3geez.com/forum/classic-accords-preludes/85124-i-have-2-sets-rear-sei-disc-brake-set-up.html

88Sleeper
06-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks Dr Snooz!
I had already sent a PM to nswst8 for one of his (2) setups, but I didn't know about Maka_RTH. He seems to have more of exactly what I was looking after.
I'm hoping that I don't need the Lower Control Arms, and I can use the ones off of my LX, but I will have to look at that again. Amazing how much you can forget
as time goes by.

Thanks for the heads up,
-Dominic

Dr_Snooz
06-13-2013, 06:40 PM
I didn't need the lower arms for my LX-i. I don't suppose you'll need them for yours. Good luck with the swap.

88Sleeper
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Alright! Got my hubs and hardware today. Many Thanks to maka_RTH for the help with hooking me up with his set.

If everything goes well I'll be able to do the conversion in a couple of weeks. Anyhow, Ima close the thread down
just to stay consistent.

Again, thanks for the help Dr_Snooz, would of have missed out if you hadn't pointed me to Greg's post =]

Dr_Snooz
06-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Again, thanks for the help Dr_Snooz, would of have missed out if you hadn't pointed me to Greg's post =]

No problem. Though nswst8 hates me now. LOL. Sorry Phil!