PDA

View Full Version : 89 Honda Accord EXi

89AccordGSR
11-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Ok uuuummmmmm I thought the SEi was the top of the line 3rd Gen but if what this website says is true then im gonna have to say the EXi takes it. Dumb question, why is it that ive never seen anybody here with one? are they only sold in Japan?

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/id/?id=26224

carotman
11-04-2002, 05:58 PM
This is from another country

And the info isn't correct either.

This is in fact the 4th gen Accord. They had NO engine that made 150 hp on a 2.2L.

The one with 150Hp was the F20A (DOHC 16 Valves)

89AccordGSR
11-04-2002, 06:02 PM
damnit, i knew it was to good to be true:banghead: :banghead: :crying: :crying:

si accord
11-05-2002, 05:54 PM
wait your wrong that is a true report and the car is from the us go to any Dealer and they will tell you i work at a honda dealership in the repair department and i can tell you that the EXi is an american car that is tested to have 150 BHP.

si accord
11-05-2002, 10:18 PM
what the fuck is this, i swear to fuckin god, some1 has been on under my name or some shit, i want a moderator to find out like what ip number that was from above this, it pisses me off, i hope some1 fuckin dies, i swear to god i do, i hate fuckin stupid people, i hate em

HondaBoy
11-08-2002, 07:54 PM
ok let me tell u strait up. u know how we have some times had certain models of accord in the US. well Canada has some times got different models than us. the EX-I was pretty much the LX-I in the 3rd gen accord. that is what was sold in canada. in the US it was sold as the LX-I. i hope that helps some cuz i wuz confused when i had found out the first time.

jlaccord89lxi
11-09-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
ok let me tell u strait up. u know how we have some times had certain models of accord in the US. well Canada has some times got different models than us. the EX-I was pretty much the LX-I in the 3rd gen accord. that is what was sold in canada. in the US it was sold as the LX-I. i hope that helps some cuz i wuz confused when i had found out the first time.

i agree, cause its the truth. LX-i is american....EX-i is Canadian...pretty much the same car, just different badging, and of cours a speedometer that is in Km/hr.

HondaBoy
11-09-2002, 09:44 AM
ha!!! i knew it. i did listen when i said that the EX-I was Canadian and LX-I was American. so there. now the thing i am thinking about is the 2.2 litre engine u is talkin about. i know that was in the 90-93 and im pretty shur 94-97. well the only thing i could think of it being in a 3gee is it was a japanese market thing. i know they got better engines sometimes. i can remember that i saw an accord that looked like a 90 but was an 89 but it was in japan. it had the 2.2 engine. that is probley wut they are talking about, not a 3gee body style but the 4gen style. i hope this clear up your thoughts. i have done my homework. i looked through a bunch of japanese honda sites. i kind of guessed reading most of the language but it was an 89 with a 4th gen body.

3rd GEN
11-09-2002, 10:21 AM
yes thats true..
up here in Canada, we have the LX, Ex-i and Se-i ( rare)
you guys down in the US have, DX, EX, LX-i and se-i
the Se-i was both canadian and American.. but they are very rare..not too many were made

3rd GEN
11-09-2002, 10:22 AM
ohh... and yes
the SE-i is the top model of 3rd gens..
they are the only ones that came fully laoded with leather interior and 4 wheel disc brakes

YK86
11-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Actually, in Canada, it's S (only trim for HB's), LX, Limited (88 only), EX (89 only), EX-i, SE-i and in the US, DX, LX, LX-i, SE-i. Nothing special.

jlaccord89lxi
11-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by YK86
Actually, in Canada, it's S (only trim for HB's), LX, Limited (88 only), EX (89 only), EX-i, SE-i and in the US, DX, LX, LX-i, SE-i. Nothing special.

That's right...nothing special in the States. Canada Rocks! Honda Loves Canada!!!!!!!! :super:

HondaBoy
11-09-2002, 05:19 PM
ok ive done my home work on the japanese models. i found there was a 2.0 GLX,GLX and GX w/1.8 litre in '87.'85 had a 2.0 Si. i have also found that some of the carburated models had single carbs. and also dual carbs. this was one the areodeck.

YK86
11-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Actually, I meant us Canadians get nothing special LOL. We actually get ripped off since we didn't get anything like a US LX until 88 and 89. For 86-87, it was either fully loaded EX-i or no power option carbed LX. And we don't get any power options or EFI HB's since the S trim is the same as the US DX.

HondaBoy
11-09-2002, 11:09 PM
hey does anyone have the "S" hatch back? i wanna see pix of it and the S part.

jlaccord89lxi
11-10-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by YK86
Actually, I meant us Canadians get nothing special LOL. We actually get ripped off since we didn't get anything like a US LX until 88 and 89. For 86-87, it was either fully loaded EX-i or no power option carbed LX. And we don't get any power options or EFI HB's since the S trim is the same as the US DX.

oh well, Canada is still better. I do have a question though YK86, when i was in the process of searching for my current car, LXi coupe (american), i came across a DX coupe, and since i took it for a test drive, i'm pretty sure it was in Km/hr, or else i would have noticed the mph speedo. I know the LX came in a coupe here in Canada as well because i was following one yesterday and i was right behind him so i looked to see if the "i" had broken off of the badge on the back, but it didn't look broken, so i know it was a LX coupe. Now, it might be possible that my memory is playing tricks on me, and the car that i thought was a DX may have been an LX instead, but are you sure there were no DX coupes imported to Canada?

dXsquared
11-10-2002, 08:03 AM
hahaha... i have an "S" I ripped off the badge when i bought the car cuz all it was was a little 1X1 inch S. I thot it was broken off somthin else so i took it off. It says DX on the ownership... not S so i got the american name on the ownership and the S on the car. I call it a DX S. I am thinkin of gettin some Acura TYPE S decals for the back. not the acura but jsut the TYPE S.

Travis

Coroncho80
11-10-2002, 10:05 PM
DXHATCHBACK could you modify that fucking signature??? is long as shit! :lol

sanjay
11-11-2002, 12:28 AM
Yes your sig is as long a shit!@!!! half the page gets taken up just cause of your sig....

and Honda Boy is right,
I've gotta Si model, 2.0L EFI

YK86
11-11-2002, 01:02 AM
It's possible some US cars have been imported into Canada. One of the workers had a really rusty and beat up LX-i liscenced in BC. I never bothered asking about it but they are not the type to be swapping trim badges or anything (older lady).

PortugalHonda
11-11-2002, 10:00 AM
yeah dude if I had American RAcing rims I wouldnt be showing t hem off too much... or just a tip on my muffler.... yeah...