PDA

View Full Version : Rear Defrost

My 89 Accord Lxi
11-04-2002, 10:49 PM
my rear defrost isnt working anyone know how to fix this? the light comes on but its stay all smogged up

Scorpion88LX
11-04-2002, 10:53 PM
you may have a short defrost systems are pron to breaking down over time.

BTW where are you in nc

My 89 Accord Lxi
11-04-2002, 10:54 PM
lol breaking down over time? i guess u noticed my car is pos. lol

rbeaud
11-05-2002, 10:40 AM
If you have a Haynes, there should be instructions on how to test the individual segments for breaks. If not, get a voltmeter, cover the leads in aluminum foil (to protect the segments). Place the + lead on the main power to the grid, and the - lead on the start of the segment. Travel along the segment looking for no voltage. The spot between your last reading and the no voltage is where there is a break that needs repairing.

My car had around a half dozen segments with visible shorts- the brown heater wire turned grey or silver. Sometimes the glass was pitted. Permatex makes a product that can repair the segments- costs about $10. I've still got a few non-working segments, but that is only because I tackled the easy (obvious) ones.

Cheers,

Roland

smufguy
11-06-2002, 08:00 AM
dude, the rear defroster has a relay on the back of the fuse box in ur cabin (the one behind ur coin box). swap it out and see if that fixes it. If the relay works, u should hear a click once u press the button. and a click when u turn it off.

If that is fine and it still does not work. Check out the connectoion on the rear window itself. The two black lock-on connectors usually break up. u need to ass-solder it. hahahaha, yeah its my term :D.