PDA

View Full Version : Tp Sensor

mig88lxi
11-05-2002, 08:25 AM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE THROTLLE POSITION SENSOR LOCATED??!! I HAVE A 88 ACCORD LXI COUPE AND THE CODE READING TELLS ME THAT THE SENSOR IS BAD. I WANNA CHANGE IT BUT DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS, HELP!!!

smufguy
11-06-2002, 08:05 AM
umm its right on ur throttle body. Its the black plastic shit that is straight across ur throttle linkage. It has a 3 wire pin wihte connector going to it.

To better explain it. u see where ur throttle cable connects? well straight ahead on the back is a black thing?? its ur TPS sensor.

Kevin
11-13-2002, 11:39 AM
How do you replace it?? Mine is like threaded in with nothing 2 undo!! Its werid!!!

mig88lxi
11-15-2002, 12:49 PM
go to the junk yard and buy the whole throttle body it comes with the sensor

Kevin
11-15-2002, 12:54 PM
i did that already!!! What about the fast idle control valve?? Aka the idle air control valve??

mig88lxi
11-15-2002, 01:10 PM
is ur fuel injection or carb??

mig88lxi
11-15-2002, 02:24 PM
so u changed ur throttle body already??

Kevin
11-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Its efi and yes i changed the Tb already

mig88lxi
11-16-2002, 03:53 PM
so then u might have tightend the bolt on the idle wire to tight on the right side, thats why it accelarates to much. same thing i did. lossen the bolt a bit till its at ur normal idle

Kevin
11-16-2002, 09:05 PM
which bolt are talking about?? I didnt have 2 reset my throttle cable!!! I just poped it off the old one and put it on the new one!!! It seems like something is sticking BC i moved some vacumm lines around and now its fine except for this high pitch like sqeal that happens when i push the throttle 1/2 way down!! Everyone think i have a turbo!!!! :)

cruznz
11-17-2002, 05:12 PM
you changed throttle body's because of the code you got...or...you got the code after you changed TB...????:wtf:

DBMaster
11-18-2002, 01:48 PM
The IACV is bolted onto the front of the bypass valve body (the funky aluminum piece that has PGMFI printed on it). It has an electrical connector and two small coolant hoses attached to it. If you replace it I would recommend two small worm drive clamps to replace the spring clamps bacause putting the old hoses on new hose nipples almost always ends up with slight leaks.

Anyway, I do think it sucks that Honda chose not to use a throttle position sensor that attaches to the throttle body with screws or bolts.

mig88lxi
11-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Didnt you have to remove the throttle cable to swap TB'S??? when i removed my TB i had to loosen the cable to remove it from the old TB and when i re-installed the cable i tigtened it to much, thats why it accelerated alot on start up. I changed the TB cause i got a code that said something was wrong with my sensor. When i checked, the sensor had some how snapped of and one piece was stuck in the connector. I switched TB'S and no more Engine Light on

Kevin
12-15-2002, 06:25 PM
I dont have a engine light on!!! My car just likes to idle on its own!! Its not persistent!!! Like ill start going and it will just chill @ 2000 rpm in between shifts!!! It eventually goes back to normal by it self!!! Than it will jump back up again!!! Will this have to do with my EGR valve!!! I pulled mine off!!!! I was told its my EGR and anouther said its probaley my Idle air control valve!!! PLEASE HELP MY CAR!!!!

anchovies
12-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Kevin
I dont have a engine light on!!! My car just likes to idle on its own!! Its not persistent!!! Like ill start going and it will just chill @ 2000 rpm in between shifts!!! It eventually goes back to normal by it self!!! Than it will jump back up again!!! Will this have to do with my EGR valve!!! I pulled mine off!!!! I was told its my EGR and anouther said its probaley my Idle air control valve!!! PLEASE HELP MY CAR!!!!

If it does that in between shifts or idling, then most likely is the egr valve.