PDA

View Full Version : Inlet Manifold Supports??

RCracer
11-05-2002, 09:56 AM
I fitted the carb inlet onto the B20a today. I have the support from when the b20 was EFI and I have a pair of supports from the A20a that I took the inlet/carb from.
The supports for the carb from the A20a are way to small they dont reach the manifold by a few inches (the mountings on the back of the B20a block for the supports are totally differant)
The old B20a EFI support is not too far off and could be made to support one side of the inlet with a little fabrication.
How important is it to have both supports on?
Has anyone run a carb accord without these supports or at least with one of them not on?
I will see if I can fabricate someting for the timing belt end of the inlet manifold but the only bolt hole on the block is right at the bottom near the oil pan.
Ive attached a pic from the flywheel end of the engine of the carb inlet and the EFI support.

A20A1
11-05-2002, 06:28 PM
hmm, I would have at least 1 support on... if the car vibrates bady then stick on the other one...

RCracer
11-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Thanks Mike
I though I remembered reading about someone (was it you??) having a vibration problem without the supports.
Got the one in the photo above to work at the flyweel end by cutting a peice off the A20a support and welding it to the efi support (which is quite strong) but the one at the timing belt end is going to be difficult as the only place I can bolt it through is the alternator bottom mount where it bolts to the block and then it gets in the way of a few things (wires/pipes).
I will have another go tommorow.