PDA

View Full Version : 2 step!!!

truett87
06-23-2013, 02:39 PM
whit a carb engine is there a way to get it to 2 step the engine. do i go threw the ecu or what... kinda new to the 3gee thing:violin:.. any help would be progress

2oodoor
06-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Do it the same as you would a chevy with a carb, use a box.get one that has a 4cyl capability or hell an 8 cyl divided by 2 = do some math figur the electonics I guess.
All it does is cut out every oher cyl at the tach setting.
Some say there is a factory rev limiter but ive never been stupid enough to try it.

AccordB20A
06-24-2013, 01:21 AM
i maybe dumb but what exactly is this 2 step thing?

lostforawhile
06-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Do it the same as you would a chevy with a carb, use a box.get one that has a 4cyl capability or hell an 8 cyl divided by 2 = do some math figur the electonics I guess.
All it does is cut out every oher cyl at the tach setting.
Some say there is a factory rev limiter but ive never been stupid enough to try it.
isnt one

2oodoor
06-24-2013, 03:25 AM
i maybe dumb but what exactly is this 2 step thing?

You're not
I reckon he's either talking about a rev limiter that works for launching the car or a rpm based or map timing retard set up for nos or turbo (?)

Doward
06-24-2013, 04:36 AM
a "2 step" is just that - a 2 step rev limiter. You set step 1 at your launch rpm, and step 2 is your maximum engine rpm.

88lxi-shortram
06-24-2013, 09:35 AM
i think some of the newer msd boxes have a tuneable knob to set the rpm launch settings ect. the older ones used a fuse like chip that you could swap out for different settings. they come with easy instruction manuals as well.

derolph
06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
a "2 step" is just that - a 2 step rev limiter. You set step 1 at your launch rpm, and step 2 is your maximum engine rpm.What's the purpose? To keep from blowing the engine?

knifemind
06-25-2013, 10:56 AM
^I think the idea is to keep you from over revving off the line to limit wheel spin.

Doward
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Honestly, it's mostly used to spool a turbo so you can launch on boost.

truett87
06-27-2013, 06:35 AM
its just a launch control and yeah if you have turbo it spools it up but it allows you to control shift points also... plus it makes the best sound ever when you rev :)

Honda GRX (GSR CRX si) 2 step launch control spoon exhaust - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrFmXTsfDQ)

truett87
07-04-2013, 04:50 PM
its just a launch control and yeah if you have turbo it spools it up but it allows you to control shift points also... plus it makes the best sound ever when you rev :)

Honda GRX (GSR CRX si) 2 step launch control spoon exhaust - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrFmXTsfDQ)

nobody knows how to do a true 2 step?

2oodoor
07-04-2013, 05:16 PM
nobody knows how to do a true 2 step?

Yes, don't you? There are a number of ways to accomplish rpm launch control, some have been mentioned in this thread in response to your question.
You may want to convert to obd1 or use the 4th gen dist and custom adapter or just invest in a complete stand alone EFI and ign control and do away with oem ecu.
Or hey just get a chevy and you can just hook up any of the 10000 of aftermarket gadgets made for those instant mods... Heh you still need to know what you're doing though or it's just another chevy with bolt ons that didn't really make it any faster other than in the imagination.
Get a Summit catalog and look at all the contollers they have, I think they have their own brand too which saves money.
I can go ahead an tell ya though unless you run drag slicks or drag radials, build a custom front crossmember to hold the spindles in line, a sho nuff launch control on your Honda is just a toy.

AccordB20A
07-05-2013, 02:04 AM
mine shoots flames and go BANG BANG! haha