PDA

View Full Version : speaker covers

RyanLXi
05-13-2002, 07:18 AM
i did this a while ago and i dont know if anyone else did it, what i did was took off the door speaker covers and took out the middle carpet section and took the fabric off and clean up the grille and painted it black. it was already black but the paint looks better. it looks alot better and sounds much better cuz you aint got the fabric absorbing the sound anymore. i did the back 6x9's too but its not that cool. i'll have to make my own or think of something. if anyone did something with the back ones let me know what you did or show me a pic or something.

HostileJava
05-13-2002, 08:38 AM
I did that with my front and back speaker grills when I replaced them and your right, they look ten times better.

Micah 89LXi
05-13-2002, 10:05 AM
first mod i did when i got my sony xplods...its awsome when u can see the speaker...hated that ghey carpet.

87DXHatch
05-13-2002, 03:45 PM
If you are talking about the speakers in the door then...

Seeing the speaker may be cool, but if you can see it, it means that any debris off your shoes/pants or you passengers could get on the speakers. Weeks/months/years of this can be harmful to your speakers.

Just get components.

HostileJava
05-13-2002, 04:09 PM
That would only bother me if i planned on keeping the same speakers for years.

CoAsTeR
05-13-2002, 04:13 PM
I seriously question if my car will last another 2 years hahaha, so I think I'll go ahead and paint my speaker covers :)