PDA

View Full Version : Oct 2011 in the garage w no Stabil

w261w261
06-26-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't know how this happened exactly. It seems like the day before yesterday I parked the SE-i needing a power steering hose. One weekend merged into another, one YEAR went by, then 8 more months. The knowledge I had no fuel stabilizer in there slowly ate at my brain. Why didn't I at least start it up and add some a year ago? The only answer is that I'm f*cked up. Why do we sometimes hurt the one we love? Finally last weekend with massive trepidation I threw in a can of Seafoam, punched the starter (I had kept the battery charged) and about 10 (long) seconds later it fired, settled down to a nice idle, and asked me if I'd like to go for a drive. The power steering hose did not heal, however. The tires lost 5 psi each. No drips. I'm a lucky boy.

I couldn't decide what to do with it, but ultimately couldn't bring myself to sell it. So I'm back on the board. Hi to the the familiar (to me) names from the past.

Dr_Snooz
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey there! Welcome back!

w261w261
06-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Thanks Snooz.

Legend_master
06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
These cars really are champs, glad your getting back into the 3gee!

2ndGenGuy
06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Welcome back. To be honest, I think gas has to be REALLY old before your car won't fire. Unless you have a really high performance car or something.

lostforawhile
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
I have the same issue but since I'm replacing the entire fuel system,except the tank, I need to figure out the best way to flush the tank

Hazwan
06-27-2013, 07:20 PM
I have the same issue but since I'm replacing the entire fuel system,except the tank, I need to figure out the best way to flush the tank

Is your car running yet?

lostforawhile
06-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Is your car running yet?I should be sending the carbs off to Z therapy within a couple of weeks, but lots of work to do, being run over by a car really can screw up working on things, I need to get the interior wired, but I'm just getting to the point of being able to work in the car, a couple of people were supposed to have had a hatch harness, but it always falls through, if I had a complete cabin harness I could build it inside