PDA

View Full Version : water on engine??

Mantis88LX
11-05-2002, 04:40 PM
well im storing my car, so it has been sitting for about 2 weeks now without being drivin, its getting pretty cold and has been raining alot here.
i popped the hood today to check on everything and there is like drops of water all over the engine. ????? i dont know how its getting there,
anyone know anything about this?

AZmike
11-05-2002, 04:45 PM
Are you sure that it's not condensation? You know, like water on the side of a glass with cold liquid in it. That's the only thing I can think of since the car doesn't use water for anything.

socal3rdgen
11-05-2002, 05:27 PM
it was thirsty :lol

Mantis88LX
11-05-2002, 05:28 PM
yea i think its condensation. hope it doesnt damage abything

Immeraufdemhund
11-05-2002, 06:31 PM
i'd say smoke test it. (turn it on, if it starts smoking under the hood you know it's bad!) sorry common test with electronics.

ACCORD EX
11-06-2002, 04:35 AM
i would try to dry it as much as possible and then turn the car on for a while !

MKE

smufguy
11-06-2002, 07:48 AM
another funny thing is, check to see if the windshield washer nozzles are sealed on the hood. water does go thru that and under ur hood and over ur engine

when u wanna store the car. pop the hood, put a big plastic cover or what not over the whole engine bay and then close it. that way, the water from outside wont go it, and condensation will drip on the front (over the headers) since the bag hangs over that part.