PDA

View Full Version : Please Read about deadly racing....

RobT5580
11-05-2002, 09:03 PM
I know some of you may not care but i say this because i realize a lot of you are still in high school and i know what i did back then.......Tonight sometime around 7pm i was up in my room online and hear cars speeding down the street then tires screetch and look out the window as one slams into a tree. I immediatly p/u the phone to call 911 but my step father is already doing so. I ran outside and the other driver and i had to look through the bushes/trees/debre to find the driver. His car spit into 3 pieces and was unidentifyible. I saw the driver within a foot in the seat with only the door next to him. I beleive he died b4 lifestar got here but did have a pulse when he was found. He was passing a friend and didnt know someone was coming the other way and went off the road. His freind was histerical as he saw the pieces in the woods. This was something i never ever want to see nor did want to see in my lifetime is someone die. He was only 18 and in high school. This is very disturbing to me and dont know what to say other than go to the track if you want to race. I was dumb at one point and would race but after going to a track sunday it shows that you can race safely or as safe as it gets and legal without putting others at direct risk.

GreenMachine
11-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Brutal !

Maydnaella
11-05-2002, 09:28 PM
I have no words only deep sympathy

Grant2k
11-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
go to the track if you want to race.

thank you. i agree 100%.

socal3rdgen
11-05-2002, 10:13 PM
i take the rest of my night in a somber mood. thats just disturbing.i cant imagine what his family feels

bobafett
11-05-2002, 11:36 PM
i have witnessed someone dying too, and its a very horrible experience... hopefully you can get it off your mind soon. i know it was really tough for me!

that said, i do agree wholeheartedly about only racing at a track...

87AccordsterLx
11-06-2002, 12:08 AM
I dont know what to say... that shook me up.... thats a damn shame... I will definitly think twice before racing the streets again... although Im not in High School anymore... I still street race... but I'll think twice next time...

88turboaccord
11-06-2002, 12:12 AM
Not to be negative, dying is part of life. If people want to go out and illegal street race, hopefully they just kill themselves and not others that had nothing to do with it.. THat is the sad part is when it involves an inocent person. As far as my stand on illegal street racing, I stand neatral... Most of it is dangerous, but some are okay when it is done right..... Just my opinion though...

ACCORD EX
11-06-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by 88turboaccord
As far as my stand on illegal street racing, I stand neatral... Most of it is dangerous, but some are okay when it is done right..... Just my opinion though...

i see a street racer here ! :D ( J/K )

MIKE

Mike's89AccordLX
11-06-2002, 07:08 AM
I used to street race on public streets every weekend. And I almost died during a race, so I don't do it anymore. I'm trying to get a dragstrip in my town. I love racing my 3G, so I want a track really bad. That story is exactly why I don't street race anymore. Life is worth much more than one race.

RobT5580
11-06-2002, 07:12 AM
Justin i do see your point because i see people going to industrial parks at night and only the racers attend. I didnt sleep at all and no one else did in my house. I mean he could of hit the car head on and killed other people but i just dont understand it. I live on a narrow long road in the country no street lights and the road peaks in front of my house so that is probably why he didnt see the car.....I dont know what to say to my little brother because i think he saw the body laying there lifeless in front of us and he goes to the middle school which is part of the high school so he knew of the kid. Im glad he saw it but i dont think a 13 yr old can handle seeing someone dye. I still cant get it off my head.

DarknessRS
11-06-2002, 10:47 AM
I'll have to agree with the neutral stance, since the only street racing I condone is the kind around the industrial parks. I usually attend those frequently. Racing on the street during the daytime or on roads with traffic is quite stupid though. If you have to race, do it on the track, or at the very least someplace where the only people you're gonna kill are other street racers or yourself.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e44ae44e/bc/Posts/lineup.jpg?bc_3P89AtYVhWKIR

Originally posted by RobT5580
Justin i do see your point because i see people going to industrial parks at night and only the racers attend. I didnt sleep at all and no one else did in my house. I mean he could of hit the car head on and killed other people but i just dont understand it. I live on a narrow long road in the country no street lights and the road peaks in front of my house so that is probably why he didnt see the car.....I dont know what to say to my little brother because i think he saw the body laying there lifeless in front of us and he goes to the middle school which is part of the high school so he knew of the kid. Im glad he saw it but i dont think a 13 yr old can handle seeing someone dye. I still cant get it off my head.

Mantis88LX
11-06-2002, 12:08 PM
ok so they were racing? you said the dude was passing a friend, that doesnt mean they were racing.

i admit i illegal street race, i would go to the track but my parents dont want me to, my dad said i would blow my car up and that if he finds out of me going he will tak my car and sell it.
i did sneak to the track one time, it was awesome. i was parinoid my dad would find out and take my car away. so i only do it on streets far away from home now. its is dangerous, but you learn whenn and when not to race, and what to and not to do. and you need to know when enough is enough.

pretty fucked up ah?

Neuspeed007
11-06-2002, 12:43 PM
man thats a bummer. I dont race even when im challenged, not because im a pussy, but because i care about what others actually think. my deepest regrets go to his family

RobT5580
11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
He was racing because i heard them coming from down the street thats why i looked up. I think the speed limit is 35mph and i would say he was going atleast 70mph to split the car in 3 sections. basically he hit the tree sideways and the engine compartment broke off and the rear end broke off. I saw in the paper he died at the scene. I get challenged all the time just because they see i have a exhaust, rims, etc they think i want to race and dont get me wrong its a rush but 95% of the time you risk others lives because your either on the highway or a neighborhood. I used to race but things changed as i got older and realized that i put others at risk and after going to the track for my first time last sunday it is by far the safest way to get the rush. Just know where you are and who you will hurt if something were to fail.

winkie45
11-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
...its is dangerous, but you learn whenn and when not to race, and what to and not to do. and you need to know when enough is enough.

i think the problem is that most people think they know when to race or not to race, or when enough is enough, and what to do and what not to do, but....it takes one small mistake to end your life when you race. And even if you are a professional racer with all the experience in the world, the person that you race may be one of those guys that thinks they're the best and can't mess up, and if that guy crashes, he could take you down with him. i think everyone should think more than twice before racing on the street.

pmip
11-09-2002, 02:02 PM
Giving this a well deserved bump out of respect for the kid that died.

Inabj2
11-09-2002, 02:20 PM
Hmm, people also die racing in the tracks as well, I believe lingfelter had a very close call as he crash and collided his cavalier, after his 7 second quartermile pass, He was in critical condition last I heard.

Hmm, I would not race in any street where there is opposite traffic coming. I woudlnt race in highway when there is people, But if its a very isolated place, or the high way when there is no one I don't see as a problem, I will do most of my racing at the track however. But in the situations i Just posted i see the risk to be the same.

winkie45
11-10-2002, 12:53 AM
well, at the tracks, they make you wear a helmet if your car is so fast, i think either 13's or 14's. That's because you'll be going pretty fast at the end of the tracks. i was in a roll-over (many times) crash at 120 mph. that was on a pretty safe freeway, with a concrete barrier between the oncoming traffic. but, the tire blew out, and at those speeds, it's very easy to lose control. so i guess the moral of this story is to be smart and know your shit. make sure your tires are rated for over 100mph if your gonna go that fast. i have pics if someone wants to post them for me.

RobT5580
11-10-2002, 05:33 PM
After seeing this accident it has made me change some of my plans for my accord. I was planning on doing a swap in the spring with turbo but no more turbo because i really dont need it for the street and its only asking for trouble. Since i moved most of my driving is on narrow backroads so i have decided to do more show than go to my car. I was going for a good mix but now im gonna just go for a streetable nice show car.

A20A1
11-10-2002, 08:03 PM
True most tires are rated at 70mph for 50 miles. or less

HostileJava
11-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Are you serious? I do 70-75 when i'm on the highway most of the time.