PDA

View Full Version : 3Geez South East Convention?

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Here's the deal. I work at a pretty nice hotel. A solid 3 star place on a river in a secluded area with a great area for parking cars and a killer restaurant. 2oodoor stayed with us a couple of nights a few weeks ago, so he can vouch for it. The problem is location in relationship with the rest of the country. Our place is about an hour and a half across the state line on I95.

Is this an issue for you guys if I could get a block of river rooms reserved at a group rate, and throw down for a big meet? There are plenty of cool places around town we can meet for pictures, and a lot of local restaurants with very good food.

Is something late this October too soon? The nights should be cool by then, and we won't have the 4PM rain storm anymore.

Legend_master
07-01-2013, 06:49 PM
I've been planning a rode trip of the east coast, what kind of rates are we talking at the hotel? October is probably to soon for me, but I may be able to split the trip up to two different times.

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Group rate is $65 a night for a river room, $55 a night for a street side room, and $45 for an outside room. Usually rates for bigger groups are lower, so if we can get a good bunch together, we might be able to get down to $50 or $55 for waterfront rooms. We can do lower rates during the week than the weekends, though.

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Crystal Cove Resort & Hotel - Riverfront resort hotel in fisherman's paradise (http://cc-resort.com/)

That's the site for our resort.

Tdurr
07-01-2013, 08:22 PM
hmmm i like the idea, idk if id be 100% able to do it, but i will be in bama so i prob could swing by during the event

lostforawhile
07-01-2013, 08:55 PM
i'll see what I can do i might tow the car down on a trailer or something if it's not done

Convenienze
07-01-2013, 09:44 PM
im down to chill but i cant stay in a room, im to broke for that.

ive only got $45 a month to spend on food and stuff after my bills / gas / cigs

working that slave job sucks.

2oodoor
07-02-2013, 04:54 AM
October would be cool enough to drive one of the two 3 geez or both. I have yet to bring one to a meet Ive attended! Other than greets locally with Lost, JMcneal, Rushell, nobody has seen any of my cars :(

None of the pictures on the site really capture the ambience of the place VanillaSky. It appeals to all the senses,even toys with a sixth sense and the more you learn of its history the more that one pans into focus. Of course some will have a perspective different than mine.

It probably best for me to say nothing else because part of my satisfaction was that it was so much more than I expected to see and that can be a spoiler for any newcomers. I was tired, hungry, disappointed of my previous accomodations at pcb, and concerned of the remainder on my trip budget.

Vanilla Sky
07-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Well, one of my tasks at work is to revamp our website and add new photos. Right now, most of our advertisement is word of mouth, and that's filling the place most of the time. We want to try some new things and make the place more of a destination than another cookie cutter hotel. A lot of changes have been made since you were here 2 weeks ago.

Enough about the hotel. Do any of you guys enjoy craft beer? There are a few places we can get growlers of good beer in the next town over. If there are enough of us, we might get a fund together and get some good stuff.

apache07x
07-02-2013, 09:49 AM
:crying:
October would be cool enough to drive one of the two 3 geez or both. I have yet to bring one to a meet Ive attended! Other than greets locally with Lost, JMcneal, Rushell, nobody has seen any of my cars :(

Yeah what's up with that lol. ^^^

You guys know I'm up for it. Depends on what all is going on if I'd rent a room or not but chances are I probably would. Now at the rate I'm going with my cars it's debatable if I'll be in one of my 3G's or not.

The constant tinkerer I am the hatch is in pieces at the moment, plus I found some things I don't like, and the sedan is not tagged, insured or have a decent paint job. However, the hatch will probably be together I don't see us having B20 gaskets by then and the problem I found will be dealt with and the car repainted when the B20 goes in. Yes it's rust about the size of the nail on my pinkie finger. I am so disappointed :crying: but for a 25 y/o car I guess I can't complain I hope that's all I find.

Vanilla Sky
07-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Don't worry about a little rust, I have patch panels for that. Free if you bring something to cut them out with.