PDA

View Full Version : Rear Toe In (badly)

JdmCA9
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, so I'm flying through tires in the back. I even went to a shop and got a professional alignment done and its still pulling to one side and the tech said that my camber and toe in the rear is not adjustable at all. You can clearly see the toe in badly on both sides in the rear. Akina is a 89 lxi 4dr. Also i read the sticky but its just not clear how i can adjust my rear toe. Oh and akina is slammed on 15s.

Legend_master
07-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Toe is definitely adjustable, but camber will require a kit (or washers). To adjust the toe, there are two lower arms. The one furthest back (towards the rear of the car) has a bolt the attaches it to the chassis. You turn that bolt to either move the tire in or out, not sure what direction yours needs to go.

Oldblueaccord
07-07-2013, 03:26 AM
toe is what is killing your tires camber no. I ran like -10 for a few months on the rear on sub 200 tread wear tires no wear. Unless you carry fat people around in the back there is no wieght on the rear tires.

DO THIS: check your rear upper links!! the ball joint wears very fast on these cars. Jack up one side and wiggle the tire at the 12 and 6 o clock position.

JdmCA9
07-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Ok guys thanks i get home I'm goin to try these both right away and see what happens.

JdmCA9
07-10-2013, 06:43 AM
So i loosen the lca to chassis bolt n nothing happen my lcas just came loose but would not allow me to straighten the toe. There's got to be a way, incase i was doing something wrong do you mind post a youtube vid. How to adjust rear toe on 3gee.

apache07x
07-10-2013, 09:07 AM
So i loosen the lca to chassis bolt n nothing happen my lcas just came loose but would not allow me to straighten the toe. There's got to be a way, incase i was doing something wrong do you mind post a youtube vid. How to adjust rear toe on 3gee.

Yeah like legend master said there is a toe adjustment built in the rear. There is actually two LCAs and I think it's the rear one that adjusts, shame on me I just took one apart and should know for sure! Anyways LOOSEN the innermost bolt on the rear LCA don't take it all the way out. When I say innermost I mean the inner one that hooks to the frame / chassis, not the one that's by the hub, and you should be able to adjust it just by turning the bolt. It has a washer that is off center that toes the hub in or out then tighten back down when you get it where it needs to be.

To adjust the camber you have to shim the UCA out with washers and longer bolts.

If your close to where I live your welcome to come over and I'll show you what you need to adjust.

Legend_master
07-10-2013, 09:23 AM

I was wrong in my first post, it is the front of the 2 arms. I made a video to show you.

http://youtu.be/7pkJPkIpc3c

JdmCA9
07-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks so much for your efforts. I can't watch the vid because i need adobe flash but i probaly just need to upgrade my Android lol. This was very hepful. I will just get under the n mess with ftront lca.

JdmCA9
07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Man its good to know there's another 3gee somewhat near. I'm in brandon,FL. Are you comfortable helping me with a valve adjust on my ca5?

apache07x
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Man its good to know there's another 3gee somewhat near. I'm in brandon,FL. Are you comfortable helping me with a valve adjust on my ca5?

Yeah I don't mind. It's pretty easy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

JdmCA9
07-11-2013, 03:27 PM
This is great. I checked mapquest and seen that hwy 60 will take me right to winterhaven. Btw on 7/20 were are having a large weekend import car meet at the beach off the shore off simmons park in ruskin,FL. Me and a bunch of honda/ac buddies are going to meet in riverview,fl and rideout in a honda group.

apache07x
07-12-2013, 08:34 AM
This is great. I checked mapquest and seen that hwy 60 will take me right to winterhaven. Btw on 7/20 were are having a large weekend import car meet at the beach off the shore off simmons park in ruskin,FL. Me and a bunch of honda/ac buddies are going to meet in riverview,fl and rideout in a honda group.

A meet sounds fun but I got the interior tore apart in the hatch redoing it, probably be at least a month before I'm done , got to order materials and stuff I can't afford right now with the group buy going on and the sedan has no tag.

I have my little girl this weekend and I'm going to spend some time with her she likes to work on the car and stuff too plus do girly things lol so we're going to do the Daddy / Daughter thing not sure how this weekend would work but you can shoot me a PM and see if I'm able to since I'm not sure when she's leaving.

I got tapatalk so a PM goes right to my phone.