PDA

View Full Version : Cant Kill code 6!

JdmCA9
07-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey everybody, i know there were probably many older threads almost the same but i just don't know what else to do. I've had code 6 for a long time so i got brand new radiator, 50/50 coolant, thermostat, waterpump, and new beck/arnley engine coolant temperature sensor but haven't replaced the sending unit next to it. Plus after i install ect i disconnected the batt for a day. With the brand new ect sensor shouldn't the code go away? What else should i do?

Legend_master
07-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Sounds like you could have a wiring issue. The code is directly for the sensor itself. Do both your fans turn on at full operating temps with A/C on?

Legend_master
07-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Also there are 3 thermo sensors, and a guage unit sensor. Can you take a picture of the one you replaced?

Oldblueaccord
07-07-2013, 03:27 AM
Yeah im guessing you got the wrong sensor.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/efi-tech/60400-tw-sensor.html

see if this helps.

JdmCA9
07-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks well i read that thread a few times before i posted this. So i made sure i got the actual ect sensor closer to driver side and instead of the autoparts store i ordered a beck/arnley only to do it right the first time let her reset and still hard starting and a brand new code 6 :)

JdmCA9
07-28-2013, 03:50 PM
So what i ended up doing is running my own wire from what i think is the out going lead terminal on the ect sensor straight to the ecu. I simply tapped into the Yellow wire with the green line right as it comes out the ecu. Now great starting result but still blinks code 6 and drivability seems worse like car is misfiring or grounding out? And i made very safe connections.

Legend_master
07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Make sure there is not debris or something inside that connector.

JdmCA9
07-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Well i didn't trust the connecter so i used female terminals to the ect sensor so i can see the contact my self. I just don't trust anythink. When i get home I'm going to cut that Yellow/green wire after the ecu before it goes under the carpect because i bet its grounding out or something. I never cut it i just tapped into it but its very suspicious after it goes under the carpet

Legend_master
07-28-2013, 04:31 PM
You can test that. Set a multimeter to the audible alert. Touch the yellow green wire, and touch the chassis. They should not be connected. If it makes an audible alert it would be grounded.

JdmCA9
07-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Ok got to return some stuff to walmart so i can get digi multimeter. My friend let me borrow his to test my tps but it was rocket science. I need a digi one.

JdmCA9
07-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Omg finally did it i killed the check engine light no more creepy code 6s.For anybody else bein haunted by code6 even after replacing your ects with a high dollar one check your pigtail and wire and if its SOL remove your driverseat remove ecu cover locate yellow wire with the green line and splice it back to the new ects and make sure u getting voltage if not run a hot to the ects. I'm a free man lol.