PDA

View Full Version : Blue Switch Lights

HostileJava
05-13-2002, 09:59 AM
I'd like to replace the lights in my popuplights/dimmer/reardefrost with blue ones since there blown out anyway and was just wondering where the best place to look for those is. Should I go to the dealer to get replacements and paint them blue or will I be able to find blue ones from some other source?

TeKKnoTeKK
05-13-2002, 12:37 PM
well I know when I was messing around with my dash I found the light for the ashtray....it was a clear bulb but it had a blue plastic coating over it, you could probably get those from the dealer I would imagine. Otherwise painting them blue would work just as good I would imagine, cheaper too.

HostileJava
05-13-2002, 12:47 PM
Well I just checked with the honda dealer near me they want 7.50 for each bulb(clear), i didn't dare ask what they would want for blue bulbs.

(x_x)
05-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Nah, never buy stuff like that from the dealer - they'll rob you blind. Just colour it with a marker or something...that's what i've done with a bunch of lights here and there - works fine, looks great.

Dealers...:rolleyes:

HostileJava
05-13-2002, 02:01 PM
Well I gotta get lights from somewhere because the lights that are in there now are burned out.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-13-2002, 02:16 PM
try radio shack....just take the old bulbs in there and they should be able to hook ya up

DownNout
05-16-2002, 04:13 AM
radio shack is expensive tho, i would just take it to like auto zone or advance auto parts, after all your just gettin bulbs.

HostileJava
05-16-2002, 04:19 AM
I already asked both those places and they said ask the dealer.