PDA

View Full Version : unknown button?

MuscleMayhem
11-06-2002, 12:15 PM
hey... i just got an 88 honda accord DX as a beater car... and there is a button that i have no clue about... its located right under the sunroof buttons in the center console... and has alittle orange circle on the left then says "asc" does anyone know what it does? thanks...

Grant2k
11-06-2002, 12:19 PM
you have a DX with a sunroof???????
sorry, i don't know what button you're talking about.

89lxi95zx7
11-06-2002, 12:21 PM
maybe power antenna?

socal3rdgen
11-06-2002, 12:26 PM
question? where are the stock sunroof buttons located at.

dhcarss
11-06-2002, 12:31 PM
on the dash

dj99
11-06-2002, 12:51 PM
ASC - Ascend - It's your eject button! :lol

87accordlxi
11-06-2002, 12:51 PM
"asc" is the company that made your sunroof. they do alot of custom jobs for manufacturers.

im guessing this is what it looks like?
http://www.asc-usa.com/images/logo.gif

im also guessing its not really a button, just a logo

89lxi95zx7
11-06-2002, 12:54 PM
dj99-if your car has no mods,what do you have to post about?sorry offtopic

dXsquared
11-06-2002, 01:01 PM
probs with the car or just to figure out what to do...

jeez... lotza peeps have stock kars... so what???

Travis

87accordlxi
11-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by 89lxi95zx7
dj99-if your car has no mods,what do you have to post about?sorry offtopic

excuse me? there is no disclaimer when you join this board that requires a person to have a modded car to post messages. what an arrogant thing to say.

oh, and by the way, a number admin on this board have stock cars, including ACCORDEX, myself, and marc THE DIRECTOR, whom you have to thank for even having this board

please, please...are we allowed to post here?

dj99
11-06-2002, 01:04 PM
89lxi95zx7 - Oh, sorry. I was just being a smartass. A little humor.

I'll go now and look for the "Stock 3geez" board.

89lxi95zx7
11-06-2002, 01:05 PM
so what? didn't say there was any problem with it just asked,thanks for YOUR help.

89lxi95zx7
11-06-2002, 01:13 PM
god,sounds like i hit a touchy subject,i was just asking,didn't know how he got so many posts,just thought his car broke down alot.arrogant?

MuscleMayhem
11-06-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k
you have a DX with a sunroof???????
sorry, i don't know what button you're talking about.

yea its a DX (according to the rear emblem...) and it does have a sun roof... it actually has alot of options... a/c, sunroof a buncha stuff... i have no clue what the button is..

MuscleMayhem
11-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
question? where are the stock sunroof buttons located at.

the button is on the center console... right between the shifter and the parking brake... its not a power antenna from what i can gather...

MuscleMayhem
11-06-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
"asc" is the company that made your sunroof. they do alot of custom jobs for manufacturers.

im guessing this is what it looks like?
http://www.asc-usa.com/images/logo.gif

im also guessing its not really a button, just a logo

yea it does look like that... but it is on a toggle switch... not just a logo... it goes
sunroof close button
sunroof open button
then asc button

no clue what it does...

jay
11-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Is that on the left or right side of the steering column in a left- or right-hand-drive car?

The open and close buttons are separate? :confused:

MuscleMayhem
11-06-2002, 09:32 PM
its not on either side... its on the center console (the thing between the seats...) its right between the shifter and the parking brake...
there is one button that closes the sunroof fully..
then one that opens it fully or if you hit it the other way... just opens it up in the back as a vent...
then the asc toggle button

it makes sense to be in that area seeing that asc is short for "American Sunroof Company" but its not just an advertisement for the company... or if it is... its a weird place to put it on a toggle button...

oh well... it seems i have a freak car...

Chubs87Accord
11-06-2002, 10:44 PM
PUSH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dammit punch the fuckin thing and see what happend :lol:lol:lol:lol jk.. seriously though... push it and see what happens... but make sure there is A LOT of room around you incase its 1 of 3 things...
1. NOS button - hehe
2. eject button - haha
3. KAMIKAZEE SELF DESTRUST BUTTON - LMAO

BTW... i have 500 something posts and MY CAR IS STOCK ::pulls down pants and presses ass cheeks against 98lxi's car then sits butt naked on his bike and tweeks out a raunchy eye tearing fart.... PBBBBBBBBBFFFFFFFFFFFF :lol jp dude :wave: :p

Toby
11-06-2002, 11:44 PM
the stock sunroof button is on the dash near the gauge cluster right next to the electric mirror button (mine is anyway)

87AccordsterLx
11-06-2002, 11:52 PM
ok I have that same toggle button and its for the power antenna... for your sterio.... hold it down for a while and wait untill you hear clinking around where the antenna is and look out there.. it should have gone in.... mine doenst really work anymore because my sister had my 3g before I got it (god help us) and she played with it untill it shitted out.... good luck man....

MuscleMayhem
11-07-2002, 05:17 AM
cool il have to try it...

im starting to think this sunroof isnt stock... and was an aftermarket addition by asc

Vanilla Sky
11-07-2002, 07:49 AM
mahem, where you at?? just curious...

moonroof could have been installed aftermarket...

Derick

dj99
11-07-2002, 07:58 AM
The stock sunroof relay would be under the front passenger seat.

Reptile
11-07-2002, 10:28 AM
It's the power antenna button. I know that the LX and up models have it, I didn’t know if the DX had it or not. Latter I'll back that up with what page it's on in the owners manual. As for you others back off, there is not a damn thing wrong with having an unmoded car. All it shows by you doing that is that you are so insecure about your own cars that you have to dis someone else’s. The fact that it's a 3G your dising only makes it a great deal worse. I had thought the people on this site were at least above dising THEIR OWN cars, apparently I was wrong.

MuscleMayhem
11-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Vanilla Sky
mahem, where you at?? just curious...

moonroof could have been installed aftermarket...

Derick

Philadelphia PA...

im thinking that the moon/sun roof may be aftermarket... since it isnt mentioned at all in my car's manual

Nate2310
11-07-2002, 08:16 PM
I'm just wondering why would you want this car if it was stock and your not fixing it up??? Personally I do not like the cars very much and the only reason that I am fixing the car up is because I don't want to buy a new car and have to buy all the shit for that ontop of buying the new car, and my car is in like perfect condition

I do not like stock 3 geez

Neuspeed87lx
11-07-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Nate2310
I'm just wondering why would you want this car if it was stock and your not fixing it up??? Personally I do not like the cars very much

just because you dont like stock 3g's dosent mean no one else does.. i think 3geez look great stock ..and they are very reliable

87accordlxi
11-08-2002, 12:16 AM
asc is an aftermarket company. that sunroof is not factory

Grant2k
11-08-2002, 06:59 AM
so these ASC sunroofs are power? you guys are lucky. mine was installed by the dealer and it is the kind that you either pop up or take the glass out totally by hand.

and what the hell? the reason cars were invented is as a means of transportation. and people actually still use them as that and don't feel the need to modify them. our cars are damn good the way they came out of the factory, so what is wrong with people leaving them like that? and how can you ask how somebody can have so many posts just because their car is stock? it's called helping people. there are over 1000 members on this board and many of the people with stock cars are the most knowledgable people on this board. they answer the questions of people who need help, or broke something when they tried to modify it, like all of you people.

Reptile
11-08-2002, 07:25 AM
I personally think a stock 3G looks far better than most sports cars out there now, expecially the Viper. Those Vipers are ugly as hell.

socal3rdgen
11-08-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Nate2310
I'm just wondering why would you want this car if it was stock and your not fixing it up??? Personally I do not like the cars very much and the only reason that I am fixing the car up is because I don't want to buy a new car and have to buy all the shit for that ontop of buying the new car, and my car is in like perfect condition

im just wondering what you dont like about it. engine or body.

89lxi95zx7
11-08-2002, 09:40 AM
i like my 3gee,but i'd trade it for a stock 4gee 2-dr, 5spd in a second.(just b/c shits easier to find 4 em')

87AccordsterLx
11-08-2002, 10:36 AM
umm.. reptile.. that was a little bit too much man... :D I think the Viper is the most beautiful car around... g3's are great... I love modifying my car more then anything but Vipers are in a league of thier own.... also.. did you try out the button... Im telling you its for the power antenna... :D

*drool..........................*

http://www.dodge.com/03_gallery/img/viper2_main.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/03_gallery/img/viper3_main.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/03_gallery/img/viper1_main.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/03_gallery/img/viper4_main.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/03_gallery/img/viper5_main.jpg

MuscleMayhem
11-08-2002, 10:56 PM
i drive this stock accord cause its just a beater... got it cheap and its doing its job... its a daily driver and i hate rice with a passion so i dont see the sense in "hooking up" my beater...

MuscleMayhem
11-08-2002, 10:58 PM
yea i tried the button... its not a power antenna... so the question remains... what the hell does it do?

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx

just because you dont like stock 3g's dosent mean no one else does.. i think 3geez look great stock ..and they are very reliable

agreed! :burn: :wave:

2old_honda
11-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MuscleMayhem
yea i tried the button... its not a power antenna... so the question remains... what the hell does it do?

It could be the main power switch for the sunroof, flip it off and then try to move the sunroof. Or you could remove the console and see where the wires go and try and figure it out from there.

POS carb
11-09-2002, 05:23 PM
hmm you DX has a sunroof... does it have power windows? If so you don't have a DX, you have a mystery-gee.

Does the switch look like a custom job or factory?

MuscleMayhem
11-09-2002, 09:08 PM
no manual windows.... but i figured out what the button does!!!

asc Automatic Sunroof Close

when its turned off the sunroof stays open when you turn off the car... when turned on it closes automatically! so the mystery is solved!!!

87AccordsterLx
11-10-2002, 04:19 PM
oh shit thats crazy... you're a lucky bastard thats for sure... :D

MuscleMayhem
11-10-2002, 05:10 PM
yea who ever got this installed aftermarket... deffinetely spent alot of money on the job...

POS carb
11-10-2002, 07:50 PM
I want one! I want one!

Nospeed
11-10-2002, 08:07 PM
Nice...ive also got a dx and i have a sunroof. my button is not on the dash, but it is on the roof next to the rearview mirror and the seatbelt lights...i think my motor shit out though cause when i push my button, all i hear is a click. but it almost looks like the sunroof was stock...kinda wierd.

Grant2k
11-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
hmm you DX has a sunroof... does it have power windows? If so you don't have a DX, you have a mystery-gee.

Does the switch look like a custom job or factory?

i actually used to work with a girl who used to have a mystery 3gee. the rear end of her 88 got crushed in an accident and they were actually able to fuse the rearend of another wrecked car onto her's so it had the wrong badges on the back.

Nospeed
11-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Hmm...that is wierd. Yeah...mine has no badges in the back except the "x" for dx...i think all the others have fallen off...but mine looks stock too.