PDA

View Full Version : 88 lxi hatchback lips,window visors,jdm parts.please help....

matney
07-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I have a 1988 Honda accord hatchback I'm lookin for lips,carbon hood,etc..more of the sleeper look...so far I have a b18a1swap but looking for appearance parts real quick while I wait for performance parts to arrive.....if anybody can help I would apperciate it....thank you

89AccordLX89
07-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Carbon fiber hoods and sleeper look do not belong in the same sentence... good luck finding what you're looking for.

matney
07-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Yea I know what u mean but carbon hoods are paint able an what I am really looking for is a just a right fit for a lip all the way around

ghettogeddy
07-15-2013, 12:04 AM
windows visors are like unicorns for hatch backs..... unless your talking rear window then you have a couple choices, jy or new abs http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/AST1181.htm cf hoods you should still find on ebay or a couple of sites not sure where to be honest there light but dont make a huge difference

MessyHonda
07-23-2013, 03:04 PM
cf hood do make a difference. my CF hood can be picked up with one finger. only thing is that the clear coat gel is bad and starts to turn yellow. I sanded mine down and got an auto shop to respray mine with PPG clear coat

ghettogeddy
07-23-2013, 10:05 PM
i small difference in overall weight but nothing noticeable while driving lol i can pick mine up with a finger as well .

VictorSifuentes
01-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Is it weird that I can lift my hood (stock) with 1 finger?

gp02a0083
01-19-2016, 10:30 AM
nah it isn't weird at all, most of the weight on the hood is towards the front with the grille and its bracket/support. IMO the price for a cf hood for this car would be better spent on wheels, better tires, suspension parts, ect. As Geddy has said, the visors your asking about are up there on the rarity list. Took me nearly 10 years to find a decent set and they are typically pricey, as far as i know i am the only one on the east coast with two sets.