PDA

View Full Version : Weird Battery

My 89 Accord Lxi
11-06-2002, 04:34 PM
my car has been down for a while now what happend b4 was the battery light kept comming on when i stopped at a light it would go away then when i would speed up the light came on... and when i got home and turned the car off it wouldnt come back on and the other day it got no pwer at all....then today i took it to autozone and they charged my battery and i put it back in and when i did it was fine the after work i came home and drove it and the light is doing the same thing the first time it died my mom said she heard a clicking noise comming from the fuse box under the hood .... could the fuse for the battery be causing this?

AZmike
11-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Did you have autozone test your alternator also? I think they offer it as a free service when you get a new battery from them.

chomezy
11-06-2002, 06:00 PM
I have a totally different question, I'm hoping you don't say it's my alternator though. Besides the fact that my car shakes when I come to a stop, I also noticed when I use the signal changer, the RPM gauge goes up about down, like from 7000 to 10000. Very unusual. What do you think?

Thanks

AZmike
11-06-2002, 06:46 PM
700 to 1000 you mean? Does it sound like your engine is changing speed or is it just the guage?

Neuspeed007
11-06-2002, 06:55 PM
chomezy, id look at your fuses. And "my 89 accord lx-i" im guessing that the alternator is your problem, like "89lxi4dr" said, you should go back to autozone and have them look at your alternator, tell them you just got the battery in, and you want to get it checked, they wouldnt have a problem wiht that im sure.

chomezy
11-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 89LXi4dr
700 to 1000 you mean? Does it sound like your engine is changing speed or is it just the guage?

Yeah, I wasn't thinking, yes, between 700 and 1000 and yeah you can hear the engine reving up and down. Any ideas?

And thanks btw

smufguy
11-07-2002, 06:09 PM
it could be ur fast idle valve messing up. Do u have a sticky throttle linkage on the TB? u might also have a PCV leak. chek them.

chomezy
11-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
chomezy, id look at your fuses. And "my 89 accord lx-i" im guessing that the alternator is your problem, like "89lxi4dr" said, you should go back to autozone and have them look at your alternator, tell them you just got the battery in, and you want to get it checked, they wouldnt have a problem wiht that im sure.

I think your right, I hope your not though. I'm hoping it's the battery, the battery still says Honda on it, it is possible it's never been changed. I'm gonna check it after I get my car on the road, and I find someone with a Hydrometer.

Thanks for the help

chomezy
11-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
it could be ur fast idle valve messing up. Do u have a sticky throttle linkage on the TB? u might also have a PCV leak. chek them.

I don't know alot about cars, but wouldn't the throttle body only come into affect when you are stepping on the gas? If I'm wrong, then yeah, that sounds like a logical answer.

Thanks for the advise, I'm sure it will come in handy.

anchovies
11-09-2002, 10:12 PM
chomezy, the fast idle valve allows air into the TB when the engine is cold. When the engine warms up, the fast idle valve shuts and you should have your normal idle rate.
Same thing as you step on the gas, the cable pulls open the plate and more air goes through intake, thus your engine revvs up.