PDA

View Full Version : Question about door sills (coupe and HB owners)...

offthahook
11-06-2002, 06:43 PM
I have an 89 lx-i coupe. The seatbelt is all in the door; the whole damn thing. I was looking at some door sills from a user on this board. He said he got them out of an 88 lx-i coupe (same car). Problem is, my sills have this "thing" secured with 2 torx bolts toward the back of the sills... However, his do not have this piece; his is just a long sill with 4 screw holes. I think mine has 3 screw holes and these 2 torx bolts. I thought maybe he got some sills out of a 86-7 HB, but I dunno know if they'd be different. Plus, he said he got it out of an 88 coupe. Could the Canadian models be diffrerent regarding the seatbelt??? Somoene who can host or post pics, PM me and I'll send you pics. Or just post an email addy here and I'll send them. I am baffled...

LIL'LXi
11-09-2002, 04:30 PM
I have a '87 hatchback and I have the sills with the thing on the back part

RobT5580
11-10-2002, 05:27 PM
If im not mistaken i read somewhere that the canadian version had the seatbelts in the car not on the door for the coupes and HBs. So that would explain why it doesnt have the spot for the seat belt on the trim....

HostileJava
11-11-2002, 05:44 PM
Mines an 86, not canadian and had the seatbelt in the car not on the door.

jlaccord89lxi
11-11-2002, 05:49 PM
i have an american LX-i coupe and the belts are in the doors. I'm surprised it was approved when the chick that owned it before me brought it over the border. I have been in a Canadian coupe and it had the belts on the car frame inside the car.

offthahook
11-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by jlaccord89lxi
i have an american LX-i coupe and the belts are in the doors. I'm surprised it was approved when the chick that owned it before me brought it over the border. I have been in a Canadian coupe and it had the belts on the car frame inside the car.

That must be it. I think the 86-7 HB had the belts in the frame, then in 88, Honda put them in the damn door (US anyway). I know my 85 HB had them in the frame.

ATTN: HONDA

What the fuck is up with this nonsense??? All I wanted were some damn door sills and this discrepancy fucked up the dealio fa sho!!

87Hybrid
11-12-2002, 03:25 AM
It wasn't honda It was the DOT requiring all vehicles to have passive restraints, in other words the seatbelts needed to be placed so that you could buckel them up and never have to unbuckel them. then they would always be on.

Freaking DOT ruined a lot of good cars that way.