PDA

View Full Version : Kraftaroni's Pics - Sweet Hatchback!

Site
11-06-2002, 07:20 PM
This guy can really build cars! Ask him about his 250 HP Dune Buggy sometime. His 3G looks great!

Pic 1

Site
11-06-2002, 07:20 PM
Pic 2

MyGarbageLXi
11-06-2002, 07:21 PM
"how low can u go??" geez son

Site
11-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Pic 3

Site
11-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Pic 4

johndej
11-06-2002, 07:24 PM
hmm....... looks pritty good to me. i wouldn't be able to go that low here (speed bumps and poor roads)

Neuspeed87lx
11-06-2002, 07:33 PM
that sh*t is slaaaaaaaaaamed ...very nice lookin

88LXi68
11-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Nice and low! I love it:smokin:

Mantis88LX
11-06-2002, 07:37 PM
awesome! is it lowering springs or coilovers?

carlessNcareless
11-06-2002, 08:06 PM
DAMN tose black rims are tight

kraftaroni
11-06-2002, 09:45 PM
Thanks for posting the pics site! I've been on this board from the old site and I've never posted a pic..I have tokico shocks painted them black and eibach springs I modified the spring perches by machining them down. I put st, swaybars and made a polyeuathane civic bushing kit 1/2 way fit! Not all of it worked... Had 16 O.Z.wheels then gsrs back in 94 sold them in 96 and got the racing sparcos 16in. I'm in the process of painting my car right now but i've been kinda busy. But I ordered the carbon fiber hood that site hooked up and its pushing me to finish the bodywork.

Jims 86LXI HB
11-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by kraftaroni
I modified the spring perches by machining them down.

If I understand what I think I understand, you basically lowered the area the springs sit on, right? That's not a good idea at all cause your struts are effectively lengthened, the opposite of what you want running that low. Could you explain a little more on just what you did. A closeup pic of a spring perch would really do wonders:D

kraftaroni
11-06-2002, 10:17 PM
I removed material from the lower strut perch or lower u strut holder they make lowered ones for other cars the bolt that usually has a slot on the front and rear strut had to be modified because it no longer fit in the molded slot. the pics I have of the suspension were before I did the mod...

Jims 86LXI HB
11-06-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kraftaroni
I removed material from the lower strut perch or lower u strut holder they make lowered ones for other cars the bolt that usually has a slot on the front and rear strut had to be modified because it no longer fit in the molded slot. the pics I have of the suspension were before I did the mod...

In other words you removed the brake hangers and let the strut bodies sit down into the pinch forks a extra inch, right? That mod is a very good way to do it, cause if actually shorten's the strut body, good thing. But that only applies to the front. How did you modify the rears? Did you cut them above the lower mount and remove a inch of the body and have them welded back together?

kraftaroni
11-06-2002, 11:00 PM
just removed the material off the top no an inch though the u hangers are cast and more than strong enough to remove aprox 1/2 inch or so if your courageous....

:stupid:

Jims 86LXI HB
11-06-2002, 11:07 PM
So you modifyed the pinch fork or did you modify the sturt body to allow it to sink into the pinch fork more?

How did you do the rear's, is it like I said earlier?

It's important me to fully understand what you did, since your the only one that's done this. I appreciate you explainting this to me.

87AccordsterLx
11-06-2002, 11:33 PM
wow this is crazy... I have one question for you... do you live in Torrance California???? If so then we need to talk...... :D

pearldrop
11-07-2002, 07:55 AM
I machined a half an inch off of the top of the wishbones to make it sit farther down on the Prelude. That is another option. It is still plenty strong and the only way left to get more drop out of the car.

chronicsinners
11-07-2002, 08:19 AM
nice hatch indeed, the sparcos are a goos choice man...

PortugalHonda
11-07-2002, 01:27 PM
sweetness man.... that thing is mad slammed

sanjay
11-07-2002, 03:45 PM
what is the difference between lowered springs and coilovers?

Jims 86LXI HB
11-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by sanjay
what is the difference between lowered springs and coilovers?

Lowering springs lower the car with nothing else other than shorter stiffer springs. Coilovers are stiffer lowering springs that have a threaded sleave that the spring perches can be moved up and down on, theirby lowering the car. The real reason for coilovers is to tune the suspension by weighing each corner of the car and adjusting them to shift weight around for better handling, not just to raise and lower the car to what ever ride height you want. But no one here use's them that way. Oh another reason to have coilovers is you can get special spring rates with the ground-controls.

Now something else, on other car's you can get another type of coilover, it's a full bodied coilover, not a sleave type. With a full bodied coilover it comes with a matched strut that is designed for the spring stiffness in the coilover. The are extreamly expensive. 2 companies make them for our cars. One is doestech, I had some rear struts from them and they blew in 3K so the company sucks if you ask me. And the other is AIM intdustries, I haven't heard good things about them either and DXHATCHBACK bought them, but promptly returned them.

kraftaroni
11-07-2002, 06:40 PM
I did exactly what peardrop did!! They sell "wishbones-strut holders-strut perched for other cars and there casted 2 inches shorter so I just cut off the tops.. And yes I live in torrance by South High.

87AccordsterLx
11-07-2002, 07:31 PM
ok just clearing this up... is this the same torrance thats right next to Redondo Beach / Manhattan Beach...? If so then Im shocked that I have never seen your car... I lived in Redondo for 2 years... I just moved to GA but my sister still lives in the area so I was thinking that next time I go back to visit we should get a little local 3g's meet going... socal you interested???

87AccordsterLx
11-07-2002, 07:32 PM
ahh I just read your profile... you work at the boeing building off of Sepulveda???