PDA

View Full Version : heater not working

franks89sir
11-06-2002, 07:23 PM
the other day i went out to start my car , so i go to move the temp thing to the red for warm and it was like stuck i was like wtf so i took a screw driver and pushed it towards the heat it finaly broke loose so then i leave my house and i noticed i leaked some coolant from the side where the waterpump side (and also the belt was squeeking for a while longer then normal when its cold )was but i just replaced the water pump this summer so des anyone have any ideas y my heater doesnt work and y there was a b ig puddle so can someone help

Neuspeed87lx
11-06-2002, 08:32 PM
i dont know what the puddle is from but on my car the cable that is connected to that lever that you can move from red to blue broke and the lever got stuck and woulnt move at all so it is stuck in the cold part ..

cruznz
11-06-2002, 09:09 PM
check the heater valve on the firewall inside engine compartment for leaks

anchovies
11-06-2002, 10:25 PM
The cable at the firewall side is binding with probably the heater hose. Check that.

MoonScryer
11-07-2002, 06:30 AM
..........and next time if something is stuck, don't force the issue.

Oh, and as to the belt, make sure you didn't overtighten it. The pulley may be bending, causing the pulley to start digging into the pump housing. Also possible it needs to be tightened.

DBMaster
11-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Good point, MoonScryer!

Back when I had an aftermarket intake it was pressing against the lever that the cable attaches to on the heater valve. My intake was a little different than the ones most of you have, though.

It is very possible your heater valve is stuck. Hopefully you didn't break anything and the cable just popped off the heater valve or out of the cable clamp near the attaching point.

Did you use a Honda or Aftermarket water pump?