PDA

View Full Version : how to make my infamous cruise control push button start

3gmodifier
07-22-2013, 01:02 AM
ok so i have been meaning to post a how to on this for a very long time now and its not 100% as I did this years ago so everything is good except for some of the wire colors but i will get those this coming weekend when i tare into my dash. i am tearing into it so i can finally get the wire colors for my digital climate control how to.......! let me begin by saying that this set up is extremely hard to figure out by a thief and that i know for a fact that i am probaly the only one here with this type of set up so i am sharing this with the forum to help keep our cars unique, and in our drive ways or garages when u wake up. this is only part one as i will be doing an in depth how to on my full proof kill switch. with both systems, a thief may break in but but will need a tow truck and you to be dead in order to take ur car. on top of that, i am sure the neighbors will be out by then as ur siren goes off. lol

one last thing. for this set up to work in a simple fashion, the cruise control system will no longer work. in my case, i removed it during my b20a swap. so if ur system is already broken or you dont need use/need it then proceed. if you do infact use it and would like to keep it, then there is a way to make it work but it involves a few more relays, diods, and alot of patience to isolate the circuit to do both things.

ok so i have tried to upload my paint diagram in many ways but cant because the file too large. even tried to screen shot it and copy it to word and its still too large. help!!

Dr_Snooz
07-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Good stuff! Let us know when it is done so we can sticky it.

2oodoor
07-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Isn't there a file type change option in paint? I use that to convert to pdf but there is a list of file types there.
More more!

ronniman
10-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Bump!

Rendon LX-i
10-22-2013, 05:13 PM
WHOA..... finally lol. thanks for the diagram much needed

noidea24
09-26-2015, 05:10 PM
First time actually posting here.... Ever.. I think..

I did something similar to this on my 88 sedan. But instead of a push to start, I used my cruise control switch as a starter kill switch.

In other words, the starter will not engage unless the cruise control is on. Pretty smart right? Just one of the many useless mods on my car.

MessyHonda
10-03-2015, 03:55 PM
always wanted to do this but now with my quick disconnect wheel I no longer have cruise control buttons.