PDA

View Full Version : weber manual choke or electric choke?

myaccord7
11-06-2002, 10:33 PM
whats the difference? which one do i need? thanks]

zach

79EK1
11-07-2002, 05:52 AM
The easiest to install is the electric choke. Just hook up 12 volts to the heater coil and you should be good to go.

The manual choke gives you more control. Depending on the weather, that can make a big difference in driveability when the engine is cold. The downside is you'll have to get a choke cable and bracket, and spend some time routing it and mounting the knob.

That being said, I use the electric choke, and it works good. The weather here doesn't get too cold, so I can't say how it works in freezing temps.

2old_honda
11-07-2002, 10:27 AM
My electric choke works pretty well in cold weather. You just need to have everything properly adjusted and it will work just fine.

smufguy
11-07-2002, 03:12 PM
I have no idea about the choke things cause i am no longer a carb guy. BUt yeah, i would go with electric chocke due to its reliability in cold weather and not worry about ur vaccum messing up the whole shit. Do u actually know how to go with it? besides is it performance oriented?

PhydeauX
11-07-2002, 04:27 PM
When it works its good, when it doesn't its a pain. Personally I don't like it. The choke on my dgv was ok, I never could get it exactly right, it was either on to long or off to fast, never found the happy middle.

andy