PDA

View Full Version : changing cars :( Lxi to Si

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-07-2002, 06:50 AM
well after an unfortunate wreck with a woman who had no insurance, and me only having liability at the time, my poor 89 accord lxi has been put to sleep, even though its still in my driveway lol. anyways the only car around that i could find in a hurry was a 91 prelude si. its in very good condition and only cost me 5k.

my question is how compatible are the parts between those if they are compatible at all. i was thinking that i maybe keep the accord, incase i ever needed a part or somthing.

any help would be appreciated, i didnt know anywhere else to go ask.

laters

Immeraufdemhund
11-07-2002, 08:31 AM
well your sounds system is compatible! As for anything else, i dowbt it.

merlindavis
11-07-2002, 09:16 AM
very little is interchangeable between a 3rd gen accord and 3rd gen prelude... if it was a 2nd gen prelude though, you could swap parts left and right... you will probably be burning oil right off the bat with the engine in your Si though... 90-91 Preludes had 2 engines available, the B20A5 and the B21A1... only the 2.0Si models had the b20... the ALB, 4WS, and Si models of the 90-91 were B21A1 powered... most b21's will have a problem with burning up oil, so don't think it's unusual when you start using it up... you may want to think about putting a JDM B20A in... you can probably pick one up for a 3g lude for about $650 US... you'll have to get a flywheel from a 88-89 transmission, or a 90-91 b20a5 transmission though...

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-07-2002, 10:06 AM
cool, well if no parts are really xchangable, then if anyone in Oregon area wants a 89 accord for lets say 500 ? then lemme know hehh. thnx much

smufguy
11-07-2002, 04:39 PM
the intake system and the emission standars are same. The intake is exact like the 3g and would fit perfectly without any mods on a 88-89 accord with efi. The 86-87 did use single O2 sensor with different emission standard with some weird cold idle solonoid shit. Anywayz, yeah, they fit basically. The steering wheel shoudl fit :D :D

smufguy
11-07-2002, 04:40 PM
and by the way, ur accord wont go past 200 bucks considering the damage. Sell it by parts, u will get a lotta than the whole car. U got the center console and shit. man...... ur just in a luck.

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-08-2002, 12:03 AM
well the car is totally drivable, but it just needs a new drivers fender and bumper, thats more than i want to spend to have those parts bought and repainted, too much of a hassel for me. other than that the only thing it needs is a new alternator. hehe but anyways thanks for all the help guys ;)

Jims 86LXI HB
11-08-2002, 12:14 AM
Do you have any pics of the damage?

86AccordLxi
11-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Where are you at in Eugene?! I'm at UO. Would you be willing to maybe part some of it out?

Alex

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-08-2002, 01:15 AM
i will try, i dont know how to post pics myslef, but i can send them through icq - 91192146 , or AIM, Jubei415, or msn at [email protected] i also am sending these to Mr89accordlxi to hopefully post them here for me as well

oh yeah btw, i live on river road in eugen, near beltline.

Mike89Accordcom
11-08-2002, 03:01 AM
Here ya go Tom,

http://www.89accord.com/special/wreck.jpg

http://www.89accord.com/special/wreck2.jpg

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-08-2002, 12:33 PM
thanx man, as you can all see, she just rode my tire and trashed the fender and bumber, the front bushings ( i think thats what they are) need redone as well as you can see if you look close enough

anchovies
11-08-2002, 03:26 PM
That sucks. Your 3geez looks good...minus the damages.

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-08-2002, 04:19 PM
86accordlxi, where in eugene do you live ? are you on campus ?

86AccordLxi
11-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Yeah i'm on campus. On 15th and agate in Walton complex if you're familiar with the campus at all.

Alex

Jims 86LXI HB
11-08-2002, 11:37 PM
Hmm, looking at the pic I worry that the strut tower may have been moved, thierby messing up the alignment, permently. Any thought's.

Is you car a coupe, 5-sp? miles?

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-09-2002, 06:10 AM
yes its a coupe, 5 spd, and its got 151k on it, teal ( or whatever color that is ) on the outside, cream and black on the inside. very good condition, just too much of a hassle for me to work with, and since im not machanically friendly..... i will just either sell to someone who wants parts, or donate it to some local charity or somthin, ( i think st. vince depaul or GoodWill will take it for free.... )

Jims 86LXI HB
11-09-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 89LXIto91PreludeSI
yes its a coupe, 5 spd, and its got 151k on it, teal ( or whatever color that is ) on the outside, cream and black on the inside. very good condition, just too much of a hassle for me to work with, and since im not machanically friendly..... i will just either sell to someone who wants parts, or donate it to some local charity or somthin, ( i think st. vince depaul or GoodWill will take it for free.... )

Hmm, would you consider the Jims blessed divinity of being sick and tired of driving my wifes lame 4th gen charity? No really I"m interested. You did say it's fully driveable, right?

smufguy
11-10-2002, 10:59 AM
dude, if its just the fender fumble, why dont u just change that? Ur car looks soo much better man. Spotless paint and cleanly kept. Dude, u cant give it away.

Jim, how much do u thik it would cost to fix a damage like that, IF the strut tower is messed up? I dont think its gonna take a lotta work , besides, it does not look that bad

how about more pics? of the engine bay, Driver strut tower and the sdie and ur wheel well?

89LXIto91PreludeSI
11-10-2002, 12:42 PM
ill see what i can do, i dont have a digicam, but my friend does, i just gotta get ahold of him.

Jims 86LXI HB
11-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
dude, if its just the fender fumble, why dont u just change that? Ur car looks soo much better man. Spotless paint and cleanly kept. Dude, u cant give it away.

Jim, how much do u thik it would cost to fix a damage like that, IF the strut tower is messed up? I dont think its gonna take a lotta work , besides, it does not look that bad

how about more pics? of the engine bay, Driver strut tower and the sdie and ur wheel well?

Well I think the best way to find out would be for me to pay to have the car taken to a alignment shop, any thoughts on that?

More pics of under the hood would be nice.
The car is driveable, right?

Now if you just look at my wrecked car with the hood up you can't tell it has frame damage. You have to look at the way it was impacted in the front and the fact that the fender has a bend in it, right at the strut tower/wheel well. His car is tempting since the damage doesn't look to bad. My other problem is I need another car, but I won't get any accident settlement until I get back to work. So something really really cheap is all I can do now.

In thinking about this I've already found out my brother is willing to drive me to eugene. Problem is I don't know if my back can handle the drive.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
11-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Hey 89LXIto91PreludeSI how much u want to sell the tail lights??If you still got it.