PDA

View Full Version : Running without P/S pump

hondadna
11-07-2002, 09:35 AM
I ve removed my a/c pump and started to remove my P/S pump and I call up my dad and he say that if I do my rack will go bad. I got a leak in my lines and have been runing the car without P/S for about 9 months and only filled it twice but it takes like two days for it to run out so I ve hadnt filled it again. When I removed my A/C it realy helped my cooling system alot and seemed to give better ET when taking off from stop signs and Im a big guy that can take man handling the wheel to turn.... HELP me tell my dad that its cool and he want have to pay for a new rack.:deal:

AZmike
11-07-2002, 10:56 AM
A lot of guys on the board have been running fine with no PS pump for quite a while now. You can use the search feature to dig up their old posts or wait and someone might repond here.

smufguy
11-07-2002, 04:46 PM
without the fluid in ur rack, ur rack will go bad, but u can still turn. All i could say is, cut off the pwr steering hard lines near the rear brace in the engine bay and clamp em shut with some fluid still in there if u want to. cause the pwr steering rac is used to being lubed with the fluid and without that it might just get worse.

u will be better off from getting a manual rack from canadian guys or even trade ur working pwr rack or fix the problem u have.

jteuton
11-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Mine has been working fine for about 2 months now. I'll let you know when it takes a dump on me.