PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Motor Issue

Gt-r
07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
I know it's not the motor is bad cause the headlight pops up...alot.
It sits there and spazzes out flipping up and down constantly until I turn my headlights off.
Any ideas?

lostforawhile
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Its eithier a relay or the module behind the dash,I don't have my bookk in front of me,a bad limit switch in the motor can also cause this

bscanlan
08-19-2013, 02:12 AM
I had this when I reassembled mine after painting this summer. There are two relays that attach to the front pass. engine compartment wall, just behind the radiator. You need to remove the coolant bottle filler to more easily access it. Those two relays need to have good connections and must be screwed firmly in place; one is the headlight motor relay, damned if I know what the other one is.

Second there is another relay that attaches to the sidewall just behind the pass. headlight motor. It too needs to be upright and screwed firmly to the wall. My issues were caused when this one was hanging limp rather than screwed in place.

Also make sure your ground from driver side of valve cover is secure at both ends. Loose body ground made my headlights go wonkey.

lostforawhile
08-19-2013, 05:59 PM
I had this when I reassembled mine after painting this summer. There are two relays that attach to the front pass. engine compartment wall, just behind the radiator. You need to remove the coolant bottle filler to more easily access it. Those two relays need to have good connections and must be screwed firmly in place; one is the headlight motor relay, damned if I know what the other one is.

Second there is another relay that attaches to the sidewall just behind the pass. headlight motor. It too needs to be upright and screwed firmly to the wall. My issues were caused when this one was hanging limp rather than screwed in place.

Also make sure your ground from driver side of valve cover is secure at both ends. Loose body ground made my headlights go wonkey.
there are two head light relays, one is hidden behind the other,next to the radiator, one relay is for each light,the relay on the drivers side is for the AC

HelpMeHonda
08-27-2013, 08:35 AM
I know it's not the motor is bad cause the headlight pops up...alot.
It sits there and spazzes out flipping up and down constantly until I turn my headlights off.
Any ideas?

That sounds like something mine was doing and it was a bad limit switch

Gt-r
08-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I thought I had posted it. We ended up spilling some oil over that side of the engine compartment and it seems to have fixed it.

lostforawhile
08-28-2013, 06:46 PM
there are two relays on the passenger side, and a control box that operates the entire system,on the inner kick panel behind the fuse box, drivers side. the limit switches in the motors send signals to the control box,which operates the lights through the relays