PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt Problem

Admiral
11-07-2002, 03:38 PM
I have a problem with my seatbelt. THE SENSOR ON IT IS GONE HAYWIRE!!!!!!!!!:wtf:
ALL IT DOES IS FLASH AND BEEP ALL THE WAY FROM POINT A TO POINT B.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DISCONNECT THE SENSOR OR MAKE IT STOP?
ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.:bow:

THANKS

socal3rdgen
11-07-2002, 04:14 PM
yeah mine does the same damn thing. i would like to know this too.

smufguy
11-07-2002, 04:31 PM
do u have a coupe or sedan or hatch?

If u have a sedan the seatbelt warning connector is under ur driver seat. Swap out the belt hoslter from a junk, if not just short out the wire under the seat that is left out.

89LXiCoupe
11-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Mine used to do that. I took care of it. Take the rearview mirror off and start working your way for the sensor that displays that red seatbelt light right above the rearview mirror. If you disconnect the wire (like how I did) then your problem is solved. Good luck. All you need is a phillips screw driver and like 5 minutes of your day.

socal3rdgen
11-07-2002, 05:58 PM
when does that sensor above the rear view mirror kick on. mine had never kicked on. the light that blinks for me is on the dash. underneath the mph gauge.

smufguy
11-07-2002, 06:06 PM
its not the sensor above the rear view mirror. its just a wiring harness clip that u gotta unclip. and u guys do have another one on the dash. check the holster. Also if ur really annoyed, just remove the wiring harness and short it, i would say go get one from the junk cause u would want everything to be working ffine in ur car, wont u?

Immeraufdemhund
11-07-2002, 07:15 PM
When i took my seats out of my car I found 2 wires going some were. I un hooked those and no longer did my car think that my seatbelts were off. Kinda weird if you ask me cause it would seem to me that when you push the buckle in it would complete the circuit. I guess not though. My suggestion take out your seats take disconnect the wire under their and then clean you car, (it's really easy with seats out.) BTW i have a hatchback...dunno if that makes a difference, but it might in cleaning.

89LXiCoupe
11-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
when does that sensor above the rear view mirror kick on. mine had never kicked on. the light that blinks for me is on the dash. underneath the mph gauge.

Do what I did, take the bulb out.

Neuspeed87lx
11-08-2002, 05:37 AM
doesent the factory have to fix anything to do with the seatbelts?

3G Jester
11-11-2002, 09:12 PM
!!! I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!!!! i unplugges the beeper in the reveiw mirror thing to stop the noise but my dad got mad and took it down to the shop---he was worried that their was a problem with the seat belts and didnt want his *precious son* driving around with crappyseatbelts. so the guy at the shop found out there was a short uinder the seat!!! the sensor was faulty......my batery was also shorting out from this!! if i didnt drive my car like every damn day i had to jump it!! if i didnt drive it for the weekend i was fucked come monday morning!!! so it cost me 300 bucks for the new sensor and all and they fixed it. i guess my car isnt the only one to have this happen! but i guess a recall is out of the question.....lol....so i guess we have to pay for it. so thats my story. 300 bucks man. u can unplug the beeper--but do u want it done rite? i guess its up to u all....blah

2old_honda
11-12-2002, 12:37 AM
hey, you guys can take your car to the dealer and have any seatbelt related problems fixed for free.