PDA

View Full Version : Tint...?

Cmac-19
11-07-2002, 06:30 PM
:help: ok i just got my car a 89 LX.....and whoever had it before me tinted the windws and now its been so long that the tint is now turned purple......my question is, is it worth taking the tint off my self or taking it in to get it removed.....is it cheap to get it removed or a lot....?

HondaBoy
11-08-2002, 10:09 PM
uh well i have know people with that purple nasty tint. and when they tried to take it off themself, it just left a messy residue. it leaves the glue and stuff if u dont do it correctly.

Mike89Accordcom
11-10-2002, 12:04 AM
You can take it off, use razor blades and rubbing alcohol it will come off, but just be patient, it will take some time. My friends parents own a huge shop where they tint, do wings, etc, and he always says don't bring your car to us to have us take the tint off cause they will charge a lot to do that, and they hate doing that.

Chubs87Accord
11-10-2002, 09:50 PM
use a scraper/razor... and with the glue... just mix some soap and hot water in a spray bottle... whent eh tint is off use the soap/water mixture on the glue then scrape that off with the razor... have plenty of paper towels on hand to wipe the nasty jizz glue off the window and scraper.. for the back with the defroster lines i would suggest a heat gun or blow dryer to peel it off... and spray the water on and use one of the sponges with the scrubber thing on the back.. but not a REALLY abrasive scrubber...

Cmac-19
11-10-2002, 10:02 PM
alright cool....got another dumass question.... do need to take the window out do take the shit off do i? as u can tell im new at this...so bare with me please

LX-i prophet
11-10-2002, 10:30 PM
you dont need to take tha window out to clean it off, scrape it, etc...... but it helps. and if you decide to tint it yourself it helps shitloads to get that window out. also, you might wanna invest in a nice model iron with tha fabric cover. back windows are a bitch, you know those shits aint coming out........ in my experience, it almost pays to have someone else do it

Cmac-19
11-10-2002, 10:34 PM
it easy to take the windows out?

Scorpion88LX
11-10-2002, 10:35 PM
the tint shouldn't go down that low just pull back the seal a little. You can buy a kit from like autozone or pepboys to take the tint off. Also if you don't have a heat gun you can spray the back window with soap and water and cover it with a black plastic bag, let it sit in the sun for a while and you should be able to peal it off. BTW do this when it is hot and sunny.

Cmac-19
11-10-2002, 10:38 PM
no no check this out, they guy who had it before me only tinted the side windows...and not the back?

LX-i prophet
11-10-2002, 10:38 PM
yes, all you hafta do is unbolt your door. after tha it is a simple matter of rolling your window up until it pops out. the only thing that keeps your window from popping out is the weather trim across the top, and that little metal bar

:wtf: j/p i honestly dont know, i just bought my 3Geez so i havent got 2 tinkering around too much with it

Cmac-19
11-10-2002, 10:45 PM
ok well thanks guys...im gunna just get a razor blade and get that shit off my window...with purple tint i feel like a dipshit...so razor blade soap and water and rubbing alchol......lets see if it works