PDA

View Full Version : B20a Vtec?

89AccordGSR
11-08-2002, 07:10 AM
Ive got a question that I know somebody has had to think about. Is it possible to make a B20A (JDM Accord) a VTEC. I mean it should work since its a B-series motor, right? This is an idea that I would pursue but only if I make the kind of power that I would expect.

B16 ED9
11-09-2002, 01:03 AM
i too would like to know if a vtec head from a different b series engine will work with the b20a

sanjay
11-09-2002, 05:29 AM
ditto

MoonScryer
11-09-2002, 06:44 AM
ludespeed makes a head package for their B20's as part of a conversion. Word has it he looked into doing the B20a out of our Accord's, but things were just too different (bolt pattern I think) for it to be a successful venture.

Oh, and to let you know, ludespeed wasn't too thrilled with the power returns the V-TEC setup ga ve them over stock. Just a thought.

toastyghost
11-09-2002, 12:22 PM
What other kinds of mods did they have to the B20a5 they used for that? I would assume that like most mods that increase performance by affecting when and how much it's getting fuel, it would increase exponentially as supporting mods were added. I was thinking about this a while back and figured if the B20a5 VTEC package wasn't too impressive, I probably wouldn't want to screw around with it. Does anyone have a picture of the top of a JDM B20A block and the bottom of a B16A/GSR/ITR head? I'm wondering if the chambers line up but not other smaller things such as the coolant passages or studs. If that's the case, it might not be too difficult to machine, or fab some kind of "adapter plate" to redirect those passages to the corresponding spots on a different head. Then you could use the standard pan tapping technique they do with CRV frankensteins, and a standalone VTEC controller to map the crossover points.