PDA

View Full Version : I just saw the most amazing accord...

87DXHatch
05-13-2002, 03:14 PM
I just saw the most amazing stock accord I have ever seen, on this board or elsewhere.

I need your guys help figuring out what kind it was because the guy who owns it is old and I want to get him to sell it to me. I think it was an 89 coupe that is like goldish-tan in color.

First off, it had FACTORY GROUND EFFECTS! All around complete with AIR DAMS! I was totally amazed! They weren't like any kit I have ever seen and the lips all around were pretty small but it still looked sweeeeet. It also had a factory spoiler (I'm pretty sure).

Anyway, the guy who owns it knows the father of one of my tennis teammates. When I talked to my teammate about it he said that it was really rare and that only 4 had been made. I think this is bull but I don't know.

Has anyone heard of an Accord like this? It really reminds me of some of those crazy Australian Accords I see around here. Somebody holler back about how interested I should be in this Accord (Mileage, etc aside) and how rare it actually is.

pimp86LX
05-13-2002, 03:16 PM
only 4?

got pics?

Mike89Accordcom
05-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Never heard of an accord where they only made 4, or that 4 only exist.

87DXHatch
05-13-2002, 03:28 PM
If I had a digital camera I'd take pictures. I think the "only 4" part is untrue. It might be an SE-i I couldn't get a good look at the model emblem.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Go grab any film camera, take the pics. Take the film to walmart, ask them to make you a picture cd right their in the one hour lab.
A real easy way to post pics, you don't have to have a digital camera;)

87DXHatch
05-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Well I don't think it is going anywhere so I will try to borrow a friend's digital camera some time. Not sure when though.

AccordChemist
05-13-2002, 08:03 PM
go buy a disposable carmera quick! ive got to see these FACTORY ground effects!!!! lol sorry lol :lol

Don87LX
05-14-2002, 07:16 AM
Yeah dude I bet there's a factory custom V-6 under the hood too.

gr3k0sLaV
05-14-2002, 08:39 AM
Actually, I can add to this...

Ive written about this a dozen times but I will again...

In australia the most common accords as the Si's and the EX's.
And there is one or two LX's.

The australian models were generally EFI, but there were a couple of card models.

The Australian models were SOHC A20A4's.
And the bumpers on all from 86-89 were identical
to the USDM 86' accords with the orange indicator covers.

HOWEVER!

There are a handful of B20A accords floating around, I know a guy who has one. The car to me is a mystery...

It has the 88-89 US shaped bumper with Clear signals.

It has metal trimmings on the moldings. Like a metal stripe going along the black moldings.

There is a metal stripe in the gap between the Bumper and headlights.

It has No electric antenna, in fact no antenna at all. Yet has great radio reception.

The headlight plastic reflectors are the same as the US ones with the horitzonal lines, while most of the AU ones aren't.

The car has a digital AC control system, with a digital LED display, and has an automatic climate control option, or something.

Other than that, from the exterior it would look like a USDM accord. This car is a B20A automatic.

I gotta speak to the guy so I can have a good close look under the hood at the build info and that.

Havent seen him in ages though.
I'll let ya's know

YK86
05-14-2002, 08:40 AM
There was a guy on this board who bought his Accord from the dealer brand new with Kaminari ground effects on it.

87DXHatch
05-14-2002, 04:10 PM
Well I got a better look at it today. It needs some body work. Any ways, It is missing the front grill, the front bottom bumper has some cracks in it, and it altogether is kind of dirty.

When I looked at the model insignia, it said DX. On second look, it doesn't have airdams (must have been shadows...) but it does have these weird lines in the plastic where the air dams would be.

I say it has factory ground effects because I haven't ever seen an accord with the sideskirts and rear bumper that this one has. I asked the guy who was driving it and he said it had "100,000's of miles on it" and it is an automatic. He gave me the owners number so I'm debating how much I actually want it. My car looks way cleaner than it does, but it still is pretty sweet.

I'll try to get some pictures but I don't know if that will work.

AccordSEi
05-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Did the ground effects look like this? Sorry, this is the only picture I have of the car. I bought this car brand new in 1989 from the dealer with all the effects already on it. They aren't "factory" ground effects, just "dealer-installed" !

gr3k0sLaV
05-14-2002, 07:31 PM
Shit that's a pretty different dealer installed effects. Some form of new age art?
lol.

Nah those effects are sweet, shame about the car though.
I'd love to have something like that on mine.

87DXHatch
05-15-2002, 02:34 PM
That is it exactly! Now just imagine that the car is golden-tan and that is the car I saw!

Thanks for posting that picture

anchovies
05-15-2002, 03:31 PM
gr3k0sLaV : i've seen one of those mystery 3geez that u mentioned in malaysia...looks really good especially with the metal trim on the mouldings...1st i thought that was custom...but it looks 2 nice and smooth to be custom made...i only saw one though...with bodykit silver and 17s multispokes
if only i have a xeroxmachine (photocopy some $$)

A20A1
05-16-2002, 12:29 AM
There is a Gold 5-Speed over here with that kit... I always thought it was a custom job... but after seeing that pic I guess not.

guaynabo89
05-16-2002, 07:20 AM
I remember when those rims and bodykit where the shit:lol

They made that style bodykit for a bunch of diff cars. The rims were pretty popular in the late 80's too.