PDA

View Full Version : Moving to WA

Clockworkz
08-17-2013, 09:05 PM
So it might be coming to fruition that me and my family (wife and kid) will be moving to WA state not DC lol. We would be looking to live anywhere from Tacoma-Seattle areas.

I grew up and graduated from clover park high school 7 years ago and shortly after I moved down to Vegas to be an electrician.

Now it looks like I'll finally be coming back home to the great northwest!!

Questions for all of the people up in WA... what has changed and what places should be avoided?? I've heard that Lakewood is now called Lake(hood) and so on and so forth.

And I would obviously either transfer up with my company I work for right now or just be an electrician again. Either or would be excellent.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

2ndGenGuy
08-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Hmm... Lakewood has always been known as Lakehood as far back as I can remember. :) I don't think much has changed. Traffic is exponentially worse... I don't think a damn thing has changed with the highway system in the last 7 years, but we've brought in more people. There is a new LeMay museum in Tacoma now next to the Tacoma Dome that is pretty rad. Definitely worth checking out. Honestly, I don't think much has changed as far as where to live and where not to live.

Clockworkz
08-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Yeah I geard that the I-5 traffic has gotten worse. I know I was up there for a bit a few years ago and there is a new hov exit near the 320th exit in federal way that the cops nailed me on a couple times lol

Its funny because when I was in H.S. in Lakewood I never thought of it as the hood hahaha

Might try looking there or somewhere south of Seattle again.

Clockworkz
08-18-2013, 08:49 PM
One good thing is that there will be another 3g guy up there for all of the meets.

Rendon LX-i
08-18-2013, 10:26 PM
You took the words out of my mouth lol.

Clockworkz
08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
You took the words out of my mouth lol.

Who?

And yeah you guys might have gained some new people but damn do a lot of WA people move here to Vegas! And then all your cars break down due to the heat lol

2ndGenGuy
08-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah I geard that the I-5 traffic has gotten worse. I know I was up there for a bit a few years ago and there is a new hov exit near the 320th exit in federal way that the cops nailed me on a couple times lol

Its funny because when I was in H.S. in Lakewood I never thought of it as the hood hahaha

Might try looking there or somewhere south of Seattle again.

Ha! Yeah that exit is always crawling with cops. I always slow down there no matter what.

I say, move to where you're gonna work. You really don't wanna do any kinda commute that involves the freeway. Your happiness and productivity at home will suffer. Ask me how I know. I'm currently looking for a new job to get rid of my commute. It's pretty much destroying me.

Clockworkz
08-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah I used to live in west Seattle and worked in downtown tacoma. Commute wasnt TOO bad but it was worse from before.

When I saw that bridge where the coos got me a couple times it was new so I was like hmmm... now I know why everyone woukd slow down when passing it.

Clockworkz
09-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Well it looks like I'll be down there in 4-6 weeks (as long as nothing unforseen happens).

Still waiting to hear back as to where the area director would like me to work at so I can find a place to live until I find a place of my own.