PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking bye-bye 'Cordy

87DXHatch
11-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Well after doing a little thinking and talking to people around me, I am thinking that, when my tranny dies, I am getting rid of the car and buying something else.

And that could be any day now... the tranny is slipping further and further into the realm of total destruction.

I just got to thinking, and I realized I really don't want an automatic transmission in my next car and I DEFINITELY want FI, I am sick to death of carbueration, and I will never go near it again (Unless someone decides to sell me a Hemi or something comparable for a dollar, Joe Dirt style :D).

Could you guys give me some suggestions on how much an 87 with 140k and a shot tranny should go for? The body is in near perfect condition, no rust in the rear fender wells (And I live in MN!) and the only real imperferctions in it is the dent I put in the drivers side door... but I instantly primed that up so it won't rust either. The engine is strong and overall she runs fine... as long as you overlook the carbuerator when it's having its fits :D

I'm thinking for my next car I want a..... hold your breath...

CRX :D

A first gen, Si...

Thanks for your input

Mantis88LX
11-08-2002, 09:31 PM
yea i know what u mean about the carbs, one day there perfect next day there shit. unpredictable, they have there days

88LXi/87CRXSi
11-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Sorry bout your Accord going downhill.:sadwave: Definatly get the Si model tho, PGMFI and 5speed w/4.30 final drive ratio standard.:super:
Sadly, I took my rex out for a cruise last Sat. and 2nd gear, out of nowhere, started making a noise similar to someone trying to put an automatic into park, while still rolling, a loud clickety-click noise! Luckily Ive got a spare engine/trans sitting next to it in the garage!!
Definatly check the underbody for rust tho. Don't really know what u could get for your Accord, I paid $400 for mine, but had to put another $1k into it on repairs, new clutch, timing belt, axles, motor mounts, CD pplayer, etc. Neways Good luck!

-Steve

87DXHatch
11-13-2002, 11:37 PM
So no one has an idea of what I should sell it for if the tranny goes?

Grant2k
11-14-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
So no one has an idea of what I should sell it for if the tranny goes?

whatever you can get for it.