PDA

View Full Version : Cam Help!!!?!?!?!

myaccord7
11-08-2002, 09:54 PM
i just put in the openloop cam and now my car makes a ticking sound and its slower not faster. whats wrong, how do i brake it in, or what ?

zach:confused: :confused:

Scorpion88LX
11-08-2002, 10:07 PM
you may have to adjust the timing

myaccord7
11-08-2002, 10:18 PM
i think i'll try that tomorrow, thats what i was thinking but why would it be tricking?

thanks

zach

YK86
11-08-2002, 11:46 PM
If it's ticking, you didn't adjust your valve clearances right. OR you didn't put the timing belt on right (like it's off a tooth or something).

A20A1
11-09-2002, 01:28 AM
Oh my... give us some idea of how the install went... what you did/didn't do.

myaccord7
11-09-2002, 10:53 AM
how do i do the valve clearances right? how far away should bolts on the arms be, or should they be sitting on the vaule? i was going to take it out today but if someone helps, i wont. i dont really want to. PLEASE HELP!!

zach

jteuton
11-09-2002, 11:31 AM
If you don't have at least a little bit or room .....then the valve will never sit back on the seat and will overheat. You do know how to tell when each cylinder is at top dead center? You only adjust the valve lash on cylinder that is at TDC. And then you rotate the crank around and do the next one. Make sure the mark on your flywheel that says T is in the window of the bellhousing and look and see if the cam gear's TOP is lined up with the valve cover posts to see if you did your cam timing right. If you want to advance it the word TOP will be over one tooth and the next tooth will be lined up with the valve cover posts. Be sure to put a ratchet on the crank and spin the motor completely around to check for clearance. Where is the car acting sluggish.....higher or lower rpms. I would get the cam timing right before I messed with the ignition timing.

anchovies
11-09-2002, 09:59 PM
blah blah blah...look in FAQ for valve lashing
and why did you post in 2 separate threads?

jteuton
11-10-2002, 01:27 AM
two is better than one