PDA

View Full Version : What would you take from a 3gee at the yard that you know it is hard to find?

1989accordaz
08-20-2013, 06:16 PM
This occurred to me while getting some parts this weekend. I just walked away wondering " what else could I have taken even though I don't need it now"

Mine is carb, so I just about to walked back to take the carb as well...but didn't.

What are your thoughts about it?

Jafir
08-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Cup holders from a 1989 SEi would be nice.... but hard to find.

Most things are pretty reliable, or better to replace with new. I'm not sure what I'd grab, unless I already had something broken.

charliekuney
08-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Eh, there are lots of small parts that Honda doesn't make anymore that I'd grab for my cars at the junkyard, but that's only specific to my cars. As far as rare parts, do some searching and you'll find lots. Cup holders, rear mud flaps, coupe tail lights, leather interiors, lots of stuff.

Gt-r
08-25-2013, 12:21 PM
For me it'd be little things. A couple of door handles, Some hood latch lines just minor things that seem to be the easiest to tear up on a small honda like mine.

Dr_Snooz
08-25-2013, 02:53 PM
All the small plastic parts that keep breaking on mine. Assorted plastic clips in the engine bay are also nice, instead of the various zip ties that usually get used.

gyates93
11-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Armrests, cup holders, leather/matching interior pieces.. Otherwise I would only get what was needed for my car.

Unfortunately I've NEVER seen a 3rd gen Accord in a junkyard around here.

mint89
11-13-2013, 11:13 AM
I have two Green 89 lxi's with that light beige interior. its all clean and I keep them that way. But as you know the light stuft all wears thin on the drivers seats and top of the rear seat back. I am alway looking for one better than mines. I will alway take cup holders, armrests and if ever see another SE-i I WIll take the whole rear end. As I keep a stock of replacement parts. I now have All 4 door panels like new, distributor, trottle body assy, valve cover, and trays of other little parts. I visit P & P almost weely. So if you shop at my local Pick and Pull and you see serval 89 lxi or sei with beige interior stripped than know Mint89 I was There.

carotman
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Check the door rubbers. They aren't available anymore from the dealer.

Dr_Snooz
11-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Do you know of any universal ones that might work? Mine are starting to crack on the outer edges and I'm trying to think ahead.

1989accordaz
11-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Considering how much distributors are, and how critical they are...that is exactly what I am getting on my next trip to the yard.

charliekuney
11-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Check the door rubbers. They aren't available anymore from the dealer.

Do you know of any universal ones that might work? Mine are starting to crack on the outer edges and I'm trying to think ahead.

I was told by Honda that the EK Civic coupe uses the same design, and is a litter larger because the newer Civics are a little larger and you can just cut it...but that's from a Honda desk drone.

ADSA20
11-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately I've NEVER seen a 3rd gen Accord in a junkyard around here.

Neither have I. But if and when i do it'll end up in my backyard getting pulled apart.

redneck
11-24-2013, 06:14 PM
i take all the good things

Strangeduck
11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
the whole car.

Phatman
11-27-2013, 05:43 AM
Anything I can get my hands on when I have the money. Unfortunately, I don't always have the money.

w261w261
01-05-2014, 07:47 PM
If you want to eventually do the rear disc SE-i mod, you'll need the SE-i brake proportioning valve off the SE-i in the yard also.

TNTumbler
01-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I pull anything and everything I feel necessary.

Most common things pulled:
Taillights and Trunk Panels (where I live people back into, run buggies into, or just don't care if they break them by leaning against your car like its their personal lounge).
Bumper Signal Lenses (these get cracked or broken due to flying debris - rocks, loose bolts on vehicles that come off, etc)
Interior Door and Dome Light lenses (these either melt, dry out and fall apart, or get broken)
Mirrors (again people leaning against the car and careless drivers)
Outside door and body moldings
Emblems (yes I'm silly like that!)
Various interior pieces (mine has blue interior that is not commonly found in my area)
If I find a 1989 B49-M Laurel Blue Metallic Honda - I get doors, fenders, trunk lid, bumpers, etc (I'd get the whole car if they'd let me!)
Headlight trim rings and door trim
Side Marker Lights
Headlight Motors (easy to test)
Nuts, Screws, Clips, etc.
And other parts that I deem necessary.