PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Winter Project?

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 02:53 AM
Well i plan on Getting my exhaust system on before the end of winter, plus im getting my new wheels on december 10. So i think thats another project of mine. I want to take off that annoying black bar across the side of my car, and get the holes filled and painted the color of the car, but id prefer doing that when i get my new paint job wich wont be till spring. My interior is a project i plan to tackel during the winter days...Painting it white and blue..
Lots of waxing....putting on some decals, and building a dome in my trunk for the subs, oh and getting a new battery. hehe
once the digital camera comes around for my birthday, ill be sure to post pics, and you people out there can finally see my 3gee.

post your projects......
:bh:

Mike's89AccordLX
11-09-2002, 03:03 AM
My winter projects are the weber 32/36 and making my functional hoodscoop, and if I have any leftover money try to find some SI rims for my car.

MoonScryer
11-09-2002, 07:03 AM
Depends on the "Project" definition, so...

1) Get the car to stop dumping half a gallon of water on me everytime it rains hard, and the car is sitting on a slight incline. I've already cleared out the tubes and the end pieces (WTF was Honda thinking with those rear drains and INTERIOR PLUGS at the BOTTOM of them??!?), and I'm buying a new rubber seal for the glass. Hope it will help.

Oh, and to anyone trying to get under the dash to check the forward drain: Take out the grey blink retractor thing, and loosen the wireharness in front of it, BUT DO NOT TAKE OUT the bracker for the fuse panel!!! That was a 3 hours job to get that back on right. *sigh*

2) Put the interior in. Combination of grey SEi and recovered velour seats (leather is shot to hell, so saving what I can w/ help of local upholstry shop). Pics of this hybrid later.

3) camber correction. That is first right behind the sunroof.

4) Just keep it running. 920mi/week to school, 317,000mi at last check on engine. I'm paranoid on maint, and it just keeps going so not worried. If it pops, sucks, but that is what the SEi engine is for.

5) Somehow find some work along the way to maybe get some extra buxks this holiday season :D

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by MoonScryer1
Depends on the "Project" definition, so...

1) Get the car to stop dumping half a gallon of water on me everytime it rains hard

HAHA! :toilet:

89lxi95zx7
11-09-2002, 07:09 AM
prlobably finding a new car unless i find a cheap motor

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 07:56 AM
oh yeah I remember you talking about how your motor blew or somthing. Ya if you find a motor that would be good. Best of luck wht that 89lxi95zx7

89lxi95zx7
11-09-2002, 08:14 AM
i'm searching like a madman,man.found a20a3 70,000 for $250 plus old engine,so far.

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-09-2002, 08:53 AM
1) Getting my A/C working again. I've got all the parts, just need to put them all in, fill er up, and hope it works

2) Fixing my rust holes

3) If I have time (and money) remaining, try and get my front end straightened out and welded, and get a new bumper and fender

That's about it :)

Mantis88LX
11-09-2002, 09:05 AM
my winter projects are,

1. putting my lxi rear sway bar on, (i may do that today)

2. putting my pacesetter header on when i get it for christmas

3. some body work, custom front lip, bmw fenders maybe, hood scoop maybe

4. keeping the car running great.

5. new rear shocks

alot of other shit but i cant think of it right now cuz i just woke up.

RobT5580
11-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Working on engine swap and finishing my system well changing it around again. Possible buying parts for body work (body kit, etc)

YK86
11-09-2002, 11:07 AM
Hmm....I'm going to try and finish this stuff but I doubt it:
For the 86
Finished the B20A swap, paint the engine bay, put on my new trunk lid and spoiler, fix the dent from the rock on my driver's side fender, weld in a new metal piece for the rear wells and under the taillight and paint it, upgrade to 88/89 brakes.

For the 88
Repaint the rear quarter panel, fix the driver's side bearing, maybe change the windshield (cracked), install new rad, get it ready to sell.

For the Mustang
'03 Mach 1 front bumper lip, make some MIL eliminators for the Bassani X, maybe front Cobra brake upgrade.

Vanilla Sky
11-09-2002, 12:57 PM
i got a car to build... i'm FINALLY gettin that car i keep talkin about, so i'm pullin the motor from what i have and goin into it and gonna have one good car... that's a project in itself because my car is a DX, and the car i'm getting is an LX-i so i have to do some changin things to get it all to work

Derick

87Hybrid
11-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Try to get The Civic on the road!

Inabj2
11-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Currently doing.. MASSIVE repairs on my accord. Once finished, drive the car around till I find the supra, then pass it on to my mother. purchase the valentine radar detector.. maybe... but I seriously doubt it.

Winter project, obtain and purchase a 1989-1992 Toyota Supra Turbo. To start this massive undertaking.

Depending on when I obtain the car, and how it comes, Change the headgasket into a STOPPER metal headgasket from HKS, And Purchase a Valentine One radar detector.

For my father's Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, help him break in the car! :-D, maybe he will purchase a valentine one radar detector. This winter.

Defiant[YD]
11-09-2002, 06:27 PM
whoa, u guys have interesting winter projects! mine's just to fit my subs /w box and amp in the car! kinda fukin trippy cuz of the way the weather is right now. stupid calgary, always snow. and it was 13 degrees celcius a few hours before it started piling up the white stuff.

netfreak
11-09-2002, 09:01 PM
1) B16A
2) 5speed swap
3) Push-button starter
4) Cat-back exhaust
5) Headers
6) Window tint
7) 16-17" rims
8) hood scoop
9) MSD ignition
10) paint job
11) finished laptop setup
12) speakers, amp, sub, deck
13) police scanner
14) 1.5" drop springs, koni struts
15) black interior (seat swap too)
16) replacing of major parts (radiator, brakes, etc)
17) avoid bankrupcy

dXsquared
11-09-2002, 09:08 PM
MY WEBER AND HEADER ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!

All i can say is HOT SHIT!!. I got a boner today when the courior showed up. WAHOO!! I am gonna run a 2 inch pipe to the back. I am also thinkin of puttin a Stainless Steel FART CANNON on it... im still not shur.

1. Weber
2. Header
3. Cam(when it gets here)
4. Get the car all bodied up and sprayed Viper Blue.
5. New Carpet
6. Redo door panels
7. Reuppolster Lude seats and rear seats so they match
8. Get my new system and install it nicely
9. Do some donuts and power slides and make a rally vid while snow is here.
10. GET READY FOR SUMMER RACING!!

thats my top ten... and in order too!

Travis

YK86
11-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by netfreak
17) avoid bankrupcy
LOL. I feel like that when I check my account balance sometimes.

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 10:36 PM
i want to get in a new carpet sometime soon. Im thiking baout making the carpet black, and having white and blue interior. Not sure if thats a great idea. what do you guys think???

anchovies
11-09-2002, 10:50 PM
You guys are crazy...it's cold out man..
but anyways some projects I'm probably doing this winter - power locks, alarm, suspension

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 11:03 PM
alarm is a good idea anchovies, my cars been broken into 3 times and ive lost over a $1000 in merchindise! but i use my garage so i dont need one just yet :)

anchovies
11-10-2002, 01:22 AM
So the buglars got into your garage :huh:
Yeah, my car just got broken into, lost some stuff, that's why alarm is high on the list. But I'm not too worried with the stock tape player and broken speakers. Those stuff are theft deterrent by itself :D

Neuspeed007
11-10-2002, 01:56 AM
actually garage burglers are common around here, boise is a bad city! hehe But at the time my car ws parked outside before i had the option to park in a garage. It sucked, everynight i was peekin my head out at every car that drove by. i plan on getting an alarm sometime in the near future.

RCracer
11-10-2002, 02:55 AM
My winter project is well under way now.
I have to:-
finish building B20a
change pedals (already done)
Make supports for inlet (carb to b20a)
swap engine/tranny/gearshift
get weber carb after the engine is run in.

iiviasterp
11-10-2002, 08:10 AM
well since i have a winter car and a job where i make good money.. i decided to give my car the full make over. I just got done gettin the motor apart and im portin and polishin the head, gettin a true cold air intake, a reground cam, and paintin the valve cover blue. Im also gettin a dual frictoin clutch and a custom lightend flywheel. As i was sittin around lookin at my car awhile back i decided id get a paint job too. So me and a buddy are gonna do all the body work on it and then let a guy i know who paints racecars paint my car ford compitition orange and also gettin 5% stealth tint all the way around. i also sold my 16's and drop springs and i am gettin coilovers and black 17's. and one more thing..im gonna make half red/half clear taillights and clear corner lights. so yea my car will look alittle different when i bring it back out... i hope to take pictures along the way!

Inabj2
11-10-2002, 09:37 AM
I thought the b20 engine was fuel injected!

88' Accord Ltd
11-10-2002, 01:09 PM
This winter I wanna get a new carpet, buy some 17's, lower the car, get a 4g accord spoiler, and fix my rust spots with a new paintjob. Then put it all on when the weather gets nice again lol!

pearldrop
11-11-2002, 11:33 AM
For the Prelude: I don't know exactly when yet, but it will be painted sometime before May next year. It just sits in the garage anyway. We already bought the paint. It is House of Kolors Sunrise Pearl.
While it is at the paint shop the interior will be getting completely covered in dark grey Tweed with raised graphics.
Fiberglass an amp rack in the spare tire well and fiberglass two boxes for 8 inch JL Audio subs in the sides of the rear seat area.
Paint whole undercarriage to match the car and chrome a few pieces of the suspension.

For the Accord Wagon: install air bags (yes, bags not cylinders).
Install stereo: single 10 inch Eclipse Titanium sub and MB Quart mids all the way around. Not much else except maybe wheels. The focus is on getting the Prelude done first. Then the Accord will get shaved and painted and interior done next year.

87AccordsterLx
11-11-2002, 11:47 AM
purchace the koni's and throw my sprints on...

Somehow find a DC header (come dec. If I fail ----> Pacesetter)

Get Car striped and painted VIPER BLUE!!! DAMN YOU TRAVIS! lol..

Get carpets replaced

Tranny overhaul

Possible Port and Polish

dosh8er
11-11-2002, 08:16 PM
Doughnuts!!!

Hmmm......

http://milokp.dyndns.org/~dosh8er/images/Homer_Simpson.JPG

3G Jester
11-11-2002, 08:37 PM
WEEEELLLLLLLLL since i got the new :bow: 98 accord coupe red v6 :super: :super: ..........

the 3g is off the road for the winter which means im totaly strpping her down and retooling everyhing!
NOTE---the "***" indicate i am making them totaly custom with raw materials from home depot, ect. becasue it wont be on the road i wont have to worry about putting everything back in in 3 hours so i can go chill with friends or catch a movie.

1) fix the short in the headlights---maybe do diamond conversion
2) replace radiator
3) rebuild carb---maybe do EFI swap
3a) if i do the EFI--performance intake
4) change from auto to 5 speed casuse the auto tranny is slippin!
5) make custom tail lights. ***
5a) debating moving plate to bumper and filling in the center part between the tails lights....kinda like the crx i guess...BUT NOT trying to be like the crx--just an example)
6) rip out dash, make custom dash and switches and faces ect. heater and fan and those switches)
7) custum buld body kit and lip and chin. (ooo fun. :P blah...better look good)
8) finish trunk fabric--custom flames--hehe my ct boys know about that :)
9) BONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10) heat and bend plastic to make TOTALY CLEAR side markers. not just removing the yellow piece..all clear..UH! whos ur daddy!
11) MORE BONDO!!!
12) find a fin!!! or take a similar and custom fit that bitch!! i wanna hatch with a fin!!! (in my dreams...but ill try!!)
13) stickers, nos, and fart can muffler
14) v6 rear wheel conversion

now for the expensive stuff....
15) Rims
16) FULL exhuast..(cat, piping, muffler, headers--not just fart can)
17) debating doing the muscle car aproach to my carb intake and puting a hood scoop directly into a custom air filter cover.....hmm......what say u all? NOT a blower..just like a 1-2 inch scoop.

WOOPS..in expensive stuff i forgot.
18) rewire speakers w/ new wire (got a few loose connections)
19) fix power stearing
20) tint!!!
21) indiglos!!!

AND TO TOP IT OFF....
a fresh paint job in the spring over the bondo .. :)

PS--13 and 14 were jokes.
cept 14 would be nice
shes gonna look nice!! a lot of that stuff is fairly inexpensive--just time consuming...i wont have to worry about doing it all in a weekend casue the car is gonna be off the road for like 5 months. THe expesive stuff i can do bit by bit to stretch out the cost. IM going to have to do a lot of junk yard scouring......and a LOT of custom work. its gonna be tough but nice in the end. IM not saying im goingto do it all. i odnt know how much im going to accomplish. but im gonna try to do it all. i would love to do a B engine drop....but i know thats just tooo costly for me. IM gonna try to make her as nice as possible. hopepfuly even scrub the bottom and re-coat it with that protect it shit.
who knows. wish me luck and ill get pics as i progress!! and LORD KNOWS i will need A LOT of help with it all! lol so ill be back for tips!!
:super: :pimp: :wave:

pimp86LX
11-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Well the 3g is my winter car while i rebuilt the carbs (all 4 of em) on my '74 Honda CB550 I-4

WOOT, now thats a power:wight i can jizz for

A20A1
11-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 87Hybrid
Try to get The Civic on the road!

Can't wait to see it... :super:

for me:
I hope I'll have enough money when it comes time to get the a20a3 motor and 5-speed trans.

NOAHS88accord
11-14-2002, 10:35 AM
I plan on getting my car repainted, windows tinted, koni's all around, ground dontrols, 17" rims, tires, new subs, fiberglass an amp rack and sub boxes, repaint interior, redo seats, get header, get exhaust, and a few other things.

Quick question: What is the difference between the 86-89 and the 90-93 seats? will 90-93 seat covers fit on the 86-89 seats?