PDA

View Full Version : Night driving

Chrome_thangs
05-13-2002, 04:37 PM
I live in the hot ass south and i have noticed that my car pulls lovely at night or on a overcast day, but on a 90+ day it's kinda of sluggish. I know heat kills an engine so i was wondering if an aftermarket intake would give me the same effect (as a cool day)?

89accordlxi
05-13-2002, 05:38 PM
I have also noticed the gain in power on cool evenings. I already have an intake, but under the hood, not a cold air intake. While the engine is still cool, I can feel a noticable pull. however, when the engine compartment gets hot, I lose the pull since the intake is now sucking in warm air from the engine. I am in the process of making a Cold Air Intake and am excited to see the difference in performance or not.
So to answer your question, yes, I think a (cold air intake) might give you the same effect. Just make sure it is a cold air intake and not just a short one under the hood.
That's my opinion,
Peace out.

anchovies
05-13-2002, 10:38 PM
cai won't really help (i have it, but has the same problem)
..it depends on what kind of problems u have
it might be your distributor...
oh yeah, carotman..so did replacing your distributor helped out the acceleration on hot days?

Hoshizakido
05-14-2002, 12:11 AM
i put in this stuff in my antifreez its suppose to cool engine temp by like 3 to 5 degreez i cant remember what its called its red somethin or other ill find out

88LXiHB
05-14-2002, 05:33 AM
Water wetter??

Hoshizakido
05-14-2002, 08:28 PM
yea thats the stuff