PDA

View Full Version : Vac Advance not available

LazloZ28
08-24-2013, 04:19 PM
So I'm fixing up my 82 accord ek1 cvcc. The vacuum advance does not hold vacuum or move at all so I tried to order a replacement with no luck. A couple of placed still listed it and had no problem taking my money but then turn around and refund it a week later saying it's no longer available. The car is almost back on the road and these delays are killing me. Any source of where I could get one? Also the listings show a different part for federal/manual, federal/auto, calif./manual, and calif./auto. My car is a 49 state manual, but would one of the other ones work and does anybody know the diifference(mine has 20 stamped on it). Is there any "universal" advances I could get, if so how would I set it up? I have a factory service manual but I find no reference to different advances or how much/little they advance timing. If all else fails is there an aftermarket distributor I could go with, maybe something with hei?

lostforawhile
08-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Richporter make have an entire dizzy,not cheap,but brand new,they don't use remanned cores, everything. Is new I just got one for the 86 and it looks realllly good.

Dr_Snooz
08-25-2013, 03:25 PM
@Lost, he's got an '82. Does Richporter make a dizzie for those?

@Lazlo, have you tried RockAuto.com? Beyond that, there's always the junkyard.

lostforawhile
08-25-2013, 06:33 PM
@Lost, he's got an '82. Does Richporter make a dizzie for those?

@Lazlo, have you tried RockAuto.com? Beyond that, there's always the junkyard.its possible they make a lot of older dizzys,that's all they do, they have excellent feedback all over the net

lostforawhile
08-25-2013, 06:43 PM
They appear to no longer make one,they used too, so some searching. On ebay etc might turn one up,its too bad because they look to be a well made product

LazloZ28
08-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Ya, no dice on any of that. Found a couple at the junkyard but they're all bad, seems vac diaphragms just don't last 30 years lol. Got one for a california automatic car, only one I could find for now. I did find the specs in the service manual, it'll add 2 degrees advance at high vac, not such a big deal given that I'm putting on a weber. rockauto does have reman dizzies but no specs as to what advance is on it.