PDA

View Full Version : Coming home finally..

Karhoot
08-25-2013, 11:11 AM
After spending a wonderful 9 months in Kuwait, a well alive Marine is coming home to a tragedy lol.
I think the carburetor on my '89 accord went to the grave on me.
I really don't plan on messing with it, and I kinda wanted to eliminate all of those damned vacuum hoses under my hood.

Anyone know an option to get rid of the blasted carburetor?
I've heard of Weber making a pretty nice one, but I'm limited as to what I can and cannot search being on base still.
If you guys could provide me with some links and such, that would be wonderful. :)

(Also if it isn't too much, the make and model of the carb, as well as an installation process? I'd rather not go under the hood and start ripping shit apart and find out I threw out something valuable lol. Thank you!)

Dr_Snooz
08-25-2013, 03:09 PM
The Weber swap is viable if you don't have to pass smog tests.

Read the How-To and come back with any questions.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/how/66591-weber-32-36-34-38-swap.html (http://www.3geez.com/forum/how/66591-weber-32-36-34-38-swap.html)

Are you finished up with the service, or just on leave?

Karhoot
08-26-2013, 07:20 AM
On leave unfortunately.
Oh wonderful, good! I don't have to pass smog. :)

Gt-r
08-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Be some work and time but you could begin the process of making your car a Fi.

itzdave
08-27-2013, 01:46 PM
upgrade to a weber (or webers!) with some of that deployment money! i used to come back from overseas with an entire bedroom full of parts waiting on me...

and welcome back!

Karhoot
09-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate the replies. I'm going with the Weber 32/36. :-)
I still want to see if I'm keeping the thing forever. It needs some TLC. Good thing is it'll be winter by the time I get home, and papa's got a heated garage and taking a few months off work! I'll start a build page too.

itzdave
09-03-2013, 10:25 AM
personally, id go with the 38/38. i have a feeling that if ya went with the smaller one, you would just want to upgrade it again in the future anyways. might at well just do it all at once.