PDA

View Full Version : Is that so wrong?

Chubs87Accord
11-09-2002, 09:57 AM
a lot of the time when im talking about what i want to my car looks wise they ask what im doing to my car performance wise....

and honestly.. i just want my car to look REALLY nice... i mean lets face it... unless i drop an h22 in the thing there isnt much performance comin out of the car even if i put everything i can find for it on there... and without the $ for an h22 or the $ to pay someone to drop it in for me because i dont know how to do it myself i dont see much reason for me to try and get peack perforance out of my car

i mean 98hp does suck... and i do want to get a little more perf. out of it.. but i will probably only go as far as spark plugs, air intake, strut bars... you know a bunch of smaller stuff like that...
although i may not do the strut bars because im gonna build a custom fit bass box for te back and it ight contradict space ill need...

but in all essence its kind of like all show no go thing... and i know ill get a lot of the 'oh its all looks and nothin else, or its all show and no go' but hopefully ill be able to say 'yeah.... but can your car go or show as well as mine can show?

anyway... i feel our cars dont have that uch potential unless your willing to spend A LOT of money on it and when i do want to go all out for perforance i want to get a different car that would be a little more easy to do and easy on the wallet to fix up and have my car all show and no go..... does that seem wrong?

MoonScryer
11-09-2002, 10:34 AM
No, it's not wrong. Some people just are performance nuts, like I am. If you want to go all show, please do so; I'm sure the results will be nice.

POS carb
11-09-2002, 05:28 PM
problem: power sucks
solution: get more! :p

People need to start experimenting with new stuff and stop eating shit with plugs and wires etc

87AccordsterLx
11-09-2002, 05:32 PM
well said

3rd GEN
11-09-2002, 07:08 PM
yup.. i agree..
i mean.. obiously the EFI 3rd gens ahve more potential and power over the carbs like me...
i have considered selling mine and getting an efi 3rd gen.. but in the mean time..i am gonna play around with this thing abit..
such as cam re-grind, headers, ignition, pistons, heads, and see what i can get out of it...i am guessing anywhere between 140-180hp..

thats what Yasu tells me ( yk86)

anchovies
11-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Do what you like. All show no go is good, if you drive too fast, nobody can see the work that's been done to it.
I think this engine has potential. Now you go prove me wrong :D

Chubs87Accord
11-09-2002, 11:13 PM
hahaha... yeah theres potential... but if you gonna beef performance you gonna wanna race... but you cant do much against the way better cars out there...

and actually... i want headers, lol.. cause they would make the engine bay LOOK better... but also give soe performance ;)

Chubs87Accord
11-09-2002, 11:34 PM
honestly.. and ill probably get a lot of flack for this... but the next car i wanna get is like a '00-'02 accord... and personally i like rice, lol... but toned down kind of rice.. not into stickers and crap

but the way i see it is (keep in mind it looks good to be in my mind but ight look bad in reality) but i want metallic lime green paint job... carbon fiber hood, and the hood, roof, andtruck lid painted metallic black with a flip down trunk (like darkhonda's) with almost the same kind of wing with the side pieces met. black and the spoilers of the wing painted white, with white rims, and TASTEFUL white and like black or something decal along the sides with green neons and a lime green, white, black repainted int. dropped of course, with a really nice system (i think that if the system face was colored red and silver it would look cool) with green neons all around the inside and either green and black seat covers, or some what matching racing seats (cause they usually are like red, lol) and with some agressive looking body kit like black widow, or soe others i saw, some really cool tails and heads maybe have the trim on teh tails painted green to match and performance wise, decked out as possible.. with trying to not have nos.. being really illegal and stuff... i know it sounds ricey.. but i think it would look cool.. maybe ill attempt to photoshop some pics of it or something... and also keep in mind this would all be tastefully done... not looking like it drove through pep boys with a magnet attached to the bumper, lol

amalgumjoe
11-09-2002, 11:54 PM
I feel pretty much the same way you do chubs....I just want my car to look good, although in the far far distant future, ie when I get enough money and enough time, I'm thinking about dropping a new engine in but that's just to make me a little more happy. I want to know that if I push the accel pedal down I'm going to feel a little more then I do now.

Chubs87Accord
11-10-2002, 12:58 AM
:werd: and you what stinks is with hatches its so much hard to ake the exterior look good.. cause the friggin rear bumper... front and side skirts bam they go on... but the rear bumper is a different size...so to do the rear bumper all cool you have to know a considerable amount more to mod something on there... like i know A LOT more now then before i joined the board... but i still wouldnt trust myself with modding the bumper or other things yet.... i tried it once and now i have a bunch of holes in one straight line right across my front bumper :( and the thing that stinks is because of where i live... its either a drop or a body kit... and i not sure which to do...

Chubs87Accord
11-10-2002, 01:09 AM
crap... hit submit by accident, lol

anyway.. im not sure which to do... a kit would look sweet... but then i have that big @$$ space between the fender and the tire.. and if i drop it then the bumpers look plain.... the best i came up with is puttin on a CXR lips and rear chin spoiler and forming some kind of side skirts on it.. and then a spoiler is a pain in the @$$ too because you only have like 4 inches of space for the bolt plates which is pretty impossible to find.. and i have no idea how to make spacers for it were i could mcguiver it on.. there was a point i just thought about selling it and using the $ from it to buy a sedan or coupe... but then i decided that would be an easy way out and that hatchbacks are just by far cooler :D hopefully i can get a job and use the money to shave some things... like the honda, accord, and dx badges... all the trim, then fix all the rust on the fenders and some spots on the door.. get a few dents pounded out, then painted, dropped, etc... but for now on a limited budget i just gonna buy the interior paint thats not a lot of money and do soe interior stuff... i really need a radio though... not goin for a system yet... but i just need a working radio... ill wait until my engine is fixed though, lol