PDA

View Full Version : i kinda think this is dumb but my friend got me curious about this. AWD Accord??

mexifries94
08-26-2013, 09:02 PM
My buddy was talking to me earlier about making my 87 accord All Wheel Drive. i dont know if this has ever been done before. he said that i should use an honda civic wagovan axels or something. If making one of these accords AWD is possible i want to know. if so i would want to try myself.

Tdurr
08-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Anything is possible with the right amount of determination, fab skills, and money.

Legend_master
08-27-2013, 10:12 AM
One of the hardest parts will be finding rear hubs capable of supporting axles. Everything else will be completely custom.

Dr_Snooz
08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
FWIW, the Wagovans are super rare and 4WD Wagovans are almost non-existent.

Oldblueaccord
08-31-2013, 07:47 AM
They where fairly popular up north i remember seeing some but i remember awd ford tempos too. I more curious how they ran the drive shaft to the rear.

Also honda crvs are awd too.

CzEcHy
08-31-2013, 08:17 AM
FWIW, the Wagovans are super rare and 4WD Wagovans are almost non-existent.

I had 2 AWD wagovans at the JY down here about a year ago lol

Legend_master
08-31-2013, 08:37 AM
The point still remains as to what you will plug the axles into in the rear? You could easily get B-swap mounts, and run a b-series with a 5speed CRV AWD transmission. Build a cage in the rear for the rear diff, and customize the drive shaft to the proper length. Then you would need to find the proper axles. The CRV, and AWD civic have completely different rear knuckle. I don't know of any cars that use the same rear knuckle. Unless you could put some kind of bearings from an AWD car in our knuckles, you would have to have some type of custom setup similar to Vectors car.

itzdave
09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
there are a bunch of AWD wagovans up here. i see them all the time...