PDA

View Full Version : Openloop Cam Help,same As Cam Help!!!??!

myaccord7
11-09-2002, 10:54 AM
i just put in the openloop cam and now my car makes a ticking sound and its slower not faster. whats wrong, how do i brake it in, or what ?

how do i do the valve clearances right? how far away should bolts on the arms be, or should they be sitting on the vaule? i was going to take it out today but if someone helps, i wont. i dont really want to. PLEASE HELP!!

zach

jteuton
11-09-2002, 11:20 AM
check your valve clearances.....intake should be .06-.08 while the exhaust should be like .10-12 i believe. I'm not totally sure on the clearance but they are posted on the underside of your hood. You might want to make yours about .01-.02 inches tighter with the modified cam to elimante tapping sounds. Don't go too tight or you'll burn a valve. If you have that fixed and you still ain't making power you cam is probably not degreed right. Is it sluggish at lower rpm where it feels like it bogs? ON most modified cams the center line is retared a bit upon grinding so if you advance the cam gear up one tooth you will get around an 8 degree advance and it will run good assuming this is your problem. A better way for adjusment is too get an adjustable gear. Always be sure to check for piston to valve clearnance after messing with cam timing. An easy way is to rotate the engine through 360 degrees of rotation and see if it binds.

A20A1
11-09-2002, 12:10 PM
no check the cam card that came with the cam, the valve clearances change when you change the cam.

myaccord7
11-09-2002, 06:31 PM
i bought it from this site. he didnt have a card to send with it. any help?

zach

anchovies
11-09-2002, 08:41 PM
Why don't you pm him or give them a call?
http://www.openloopmotorsports.com/