PDA

View Full Version : engine problems

idriveahonda
11-09-2002, 11:18 AM
hey yo just picked up an el cheapo 86 accord for 250 at an auction but there seems to be a problem. I go to start the car up and there is this huge knocking noise. I look under the hood and there is massive oil leakage looks like its from the top left somewhere under the valve cover. Are there any chances i have a broken rod? Went to fill in more oil and fired it up and the oil just came pouring out like old faithful....any help would be appreciated. yeah its an auto lx:mad:

idriveahonda
11-09-2002, 03:26 PM
any help?

isadisa
11-09-2002, 03:46 PM
it sounds more like a problem in the top end (head) than in the bottom end (where the rods are)

anchovies
11-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Maybe, just maybe it's the valve cover gasket. Is it leaking from there?

cruznz
11-10-2002, 12:45 AM
or...it could be coming out from oil filter/filter housing.....fukd pressure valve in oil filter housing...oil pisses out between seal of filter housing and filter when pressure builds up...or oil gauge sender unit leaking........maybe.....??

Mike's89AccordLX
11-10-2002, 01:09 AM
Does the engine knock constantly? I don't know about you, but I would let it in. :) Ok, seriously I think it might be the head. My valvecover gasket I think is going to shit because it's noticably leaking oil. (only when I'm not looking)

jteuton
11-10-2002, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't run it with it knocking.....means the engine isn't getting oil.....find your leak and fix it.....

smufguy
11-10-2002, 10:54 AM
well to have all the repair sorted out. just go by another A20 and put it in ur car man. just the block and head is all u need, no header and no intake. Its worth all the trouble. u can pick up a good working engine for comparetively less that the labor and parts that would cost for a repair job if ur engine is fucked. Auction cars are fucked up engine and tranny wize for most part. i would love to buy an auction car as long as i got a engine and tranny in my tips to swap in if the ones that coem with the car is shot.

rocky2
11-10-2002, 11:14 AM
You must ID the noise. Get the 3-g up in the air. So you could look/listen all around it. Take the acceserary drive belt off. It could turn out to be a rod bearing or a bent valve.