PDA

View Full Version : sub opinions

Defiant[YD]
11-09-2002, 06:05 PM
k, i just came back from this wholesale deal thing and i picked up 2 10' subs with the box for 88 bucks and a 500w receiver for $79. the whole box is takin up my trunk so i wanted some opinions on it. cuz the subs right now are Jensen and i wanted to know what u guys think of the company and the sound they have? that Jensen company any good? cuz i want infinity and since i don't have the cash for it, i decided to go for something low end that i can upgrade later.

87AccordsterLx
11-09-2002, 06:17 PM
My honest opinon of Jensen is that I just do not like their products... They make decient componets but if you are really into car audio then Jensen is not the way to go... by the way that pic of Brittney is just so damn innocent that it drives me crazy... sorry I had to post that :D

Scorpion88LX
11-09-2002, 06:25 PM
i would go with audiobahn i have apexaudio and i get wholesale plus a 10% discount. but their amps are too expensive for me.

Defiant[YD]
11-09-2002, 06:36 PM
haha, guys, i don't like jensen too, but from my...... financial situation, i gotta deal with low end first, then upgrade to high end when i finally get that NSX (or type-r) in 4 years! by then, i'd be going all infinity's /w that swt ass MTX amp.
i just want to know if jensen's sound is ok/good or somethin.

dXsquared
11-09-2002, 08:12 PM
hook it up and find out. i am runnin two ten inch jensens right now and they sound like shizzy compared to my JBL's. They work... but not like 300 dollar subs!

Travis

Vanilla Sky
11-09-2002, 08:29 PM
they are good for bass as in like a home theatre where they just need to thump, but they really lack in musical bass... i have a pair of XS1212's (12 inch) under my loveseat... they POUND, but like i said... not too good handling music

Derick

Neuspeed007
11-09-2002, 10:56 PM
i think jensen has some good sound, sure it ist the best, but there decent. I think for what money you spent, its worht it!

nect time shoot for some MtX :)

AccordEpicenter
11-27-2002, 05:17 PM
they are ok for basic users, but if you really want good sound and good quality subs, you gotta pay more, you get what you pay for basically in car audio.