PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer cable, Help

enkeisroller
11-09-2002, 08:06 PM
Alright, I put indiglo gauges in my 88 accord lxi and after i was done my speedometer cable now is really bouncy. Does neone know what to fix it or what is wrong. Im not sure what is wrong. My speed i right because i was paced and also it rests under zero mph.

Also my gas gauge does not go back up to full only like 7/8 is this because i moved the needle when I put my gauges on because I know i did move it down a tiny bit. Please help me out. Thanks Rich

Neuspeed87lx
11-09-2002, 08:16 PM
check to make sure you connected that cable in the back of the cluster good..it can be kind of a pain... and if you moved the gas gauge when you put the needle back on ...yes it would throw it off

88WhiteLX-i
11-09-2002, 08:22 PM
just fill your tank up all the way until it comes out of the spout and then reset your fuel gauge to full

Immeraufdemhund
11-09-2002, 09:29 PM
that's what i'd do. the needle will move with out you pulling it off and reputting it back on, you can just move it with the needle still on. I did that and now my needle lines up good.

anchovies
11-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Make sure the indiglos are not binding the needle base
Did you put back the fuel needle back to the position it used to be after installing it? You should

enkeisroller
11-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Alright.. Well i got my speedometer gauge to stop the freaky bouncing but my gas gauge does still not seem to be working. All is free from it as far as the indiglos and the connections are all proper. Could I have broke something buy moving it that tiny bit. Neone know????

anchovies
11-10-2002, 11:53 PM
So, did you put back the fuel needle back to the same position as before after installing the indiglos? Maybe it's just that