PDA

View Full Version : dual exhaust

ninja2571
11-10-2002, 09:39 AM
hey guys listen, i went to a muffler shop, and when i get the black widow kit...im gonna take out my cat and put in a spliter and have dual exhaust, since the kit has 2 exhaust openings.....what do u think this will do for hp??

dXsquared
11-10-2002, 09:42 AM
up hp but down tq

Travis

smufguy
11-10-2002, 10:32 AM
Three words for you ~~ NOT WORTH IT. and also, what mods do u have on ur engine?

Jims 86LXI HB
11-10-2002, 10:46 AM
I think not doing it will give you a more satisfying car to drive in it's normal everyday operating rpm range. Your simply not going to have the engine tuning or rev range to make such a mod a benefit, it will be a negitive on performance. The only real benefit is if you think it looks cool. Plus your taking extra money to do that, that could actually be put to use in some other way to really make power.

ninja2571
11-10-2002, 11:33 AM
well i talk to some people that i know and my freind will put a dual exhaust for 50 so im gonna do it , hell yea it looks cool, im all show no go......i want it to look good....im getin a civic si to fix up for power

smufguy
11-10-2002, 07:41 PM
not be a jackass, but that kinda attitude underlines what we call "Ricers". Somethings we do need to look cool, thats why we go with 3inch tip to even a 5 inch tip. I mean, a tip does not do much for u, the inlet dia is what u gotta take into consideration.

I am sure he can put it on for 50 bucks. But u gotta get a muffler and shit like that. U gotta make a cut on ur bumper to get the muffler tip out. U have seen what darkhonda has and u want it like that huh?

ninja2571
11-10-2002, 08:35 PM
i have 3" inlet under my car, for now wi want all show , when i get some money i might make the 3g a more powerful car