PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mount Help

red89lxicpe
11-10-2002, 02:55 PM
I am trying to change my front and rear lower mounts but I cannot seem to get the clearance to get the front one out. I can get the rear one out and have removed the bolts from all the other mounts, but I cant seem to jack the engine up enough to get the front ones' bolt clear. I tried for like an hour jacking in all different places, but it gets really close and then it doesnt want to go any higher. So I'm wondering if there is some kind of trick to this.

Thanks

stgardner
11-10-2002, 04:47 PM
The brace that goes on the top of the front mount is bolted to the engine with two bolts. I removed this brace and put the mount in place. Then, I set the brace on top of the mount and bolted it back onto the engine. As long as those bolts don't shear, you should be okay.

My suggestion is to not take the chance and pay your local mechanic 30 bucks to put it up on his lift and do it.

DBMaster
11-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I had to take the two bolts holding the bracket to the front of the engine off and remove the bracket, too. One of them came loose easily, the other was a bitch. All you can use on them is a wrench as a socket will not fit.