PDA

View Full Version : Want Hp!

Nate2310
11-10-2002, 07:03 PM
I want some HP under the hood of my 3gee
How much do you think i'll get out of the following MODS???

-Pacesetter catback w/ aluminum muffler
-Headers
-Flipped Lid
-K&N Air Filter
-Nology Wires
-NGK plugs
-cap and rotor kit
-accel superstock coil
-MSD6 Ignition
-Underdrive Pulleys
-High Flow Cat
-Reground Cam
-Weber conversion
-Tornado Booster
-constant grouding wires

That is lot............should I be able to get a GOOD amount of HP out of all that?!?!?!?!?!?!

smufguy
11-10-2002, 07:30 PM
the whole exhaust from headers to ur muffler should be around 5hp the least.

reground cam can boost upto 7hp the least, IMO.

computer on a carb?? i am losing something here.

webber would def boost some shit on ur car lets say for namesake 5hp.

Intake: Not flipped, but a much free flowing like a CAI or a RAM air set up like MIke (A20A1) = 2 hp the least

Not noticable power are from the ignition system and dont ever get a tornado crap. Its a waste of money and does not work

. So on a non rebuilt 13yrl old motor. u get 5+7+5+2 = 19 ~ 20 hp the least easy.

My suggesting is that ur LX uses a 9.1:1 comp pistons so u wont be getting much power out of it even with mods unless u get a lil better and high compression pistons

NOTE: What i have said and the numbers are pure hypothetical based on logic and my reading about how stuff. No one has dynoed the car after they put all their stuff in. REBUILDING UR MOTOR IS A MUST IF UR A SERIOUS PERFORMANCE BUTT. :D

Good luck man.

Mike's89AccordLX
11-10-2002, 07:32 PM
For starters the tornado thing is a scam and restricts the airflow. Second the pacesetter exhaust system blows. Get on made at a shop and get a really good muffler. I have a arospeed bomber series, but I heard good things about the dynomax turbo muffler. And when you do the weber conversion make some kind of intake for yourself and don't do a flipped lid. Actually if you want power do what I'm planing to do, a functional hoodscoop.

89accordboi
11-11-2002, 02:56 PM
mike i love your accord so much.. can i buy it from you?
:bow: