PDA

View Full Version : seats

running strong
09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
The drivers seat in my car is shredded, and passenger one was stained by the previous guy. All the seats for the 3 gen accords at the junkyard are shredded or stained. I don't have access to many tools, only wrenches so I probably couldn't do the prelude ones either. Would it be possible to swap the rails on the seats themselves, then just slide them in?

Or would I be better off just waiting on some decent accord seats?

My interior is maroon so any suggestions would be great too.
Thanks

Dr_Snooz
09-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Most of the interiors I've seen in the junkyard cars are still in very good condition. They might be filthy (which is easily shampooed if you know what you are doing), but they aren't often ripped. And it seems like maroon was the most popular color. Blue is the second most available.

I would say be a little more regular in your visits to the junkyard. The average car will look a lot better on its first day in the yard than a few weeks later. Also, some yards have better cars than others. Look for a different yard and try to visit it at least once a month. You will find what you need before too long.

charliekuney
09-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Watch out with them mauve interiors: They (and all of the other colors) fade and turn a gross brown color. Easy to miss in bad lighting. Blue and red are very common, along with the tan interiors. You could definitely get tan seats because the head liners in the red interiors are tan as well. Not too bad for two-tone.

running strong
09-13-2013, 01:43 PM
I noticed that Charlie, it's ugly as hell when it fades. I may try to find some tans.
Dr. snooz, the 3gs at my jy have been there for awhile. Unfortunately road salt has disintegrated most of the 3gs here. I will stay vigilant though, thanks for the replies guys

Legend_master
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Also sliding the seats out would be way more difficult then just un-bolting the four bolts.

running strong
09-13-2013, 03:49 PM
I thought about that too, i was looking to upgrade, however the prelude seats need modifications to work. I will probably find a pair of 3g seats eventually, i may hit up craigslist.

Legend_master
09-13-2013, 03:55 PM
you could get them re-upholstered at a shop.

import racer
09-13-2013, 06:06 PM
The prelude seats aren't all that hard to do and are so worth it.So much more comfortable,I love mine.

running strong
09-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Ya i saw the how to for those, all i think that i need is a drill to modify the rail