PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry system

skong
09-13-2013, 07:18 PM
i want to do keyless entry system, first i have to replace doorlock actuators. Anyone know where i can get them.

TKP89
09-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Have you google'd "door lock actuators", you get plenty of results. I recently installed a keyless entry system on car, and love it, have you thought about putting rear door handles from a sedan on the front doors to get rid of the key holes? It gives it a cleaner look i think. btw here's a link for the actuators door lock actuator | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=door+lock+actuator&_frs=1) good luck!

skong
09-15-2013, 03:12 PM
ive seen universal aftermarket add ons, but i was looking for oem replacements. if i have to ill go with those. thanks for the great idea bout rear door handles on front

TKP89
09-15-2013, 04:37 PM
ohh well i would suggest looking at the junk yards for those, im sure you could find some for pretty cheap.

A18A
09-15-2013, 07:06 PM
what's wrong with your locking system that makes you need to replace the actuators?

Dr_Snooz
09-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Probably has a coupe.

skong
09-16-2013, 06:43 PM
both front work but both rear growls at me when using it with main switch and will not work

MessyHonda
09-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Probably has a coupe.

under his avatar it says 4 door.

back to Skong- You might want to replace the main switch and i know there is a lil box under the passengers seat that controls the door locks.(not really sure on that one) I had keyless entry on my coupe(had to install aftermarket actuator on drivers door) so like that i can get in and out. Unless you have kids or always ridding with alot of people in your sedan i dont think it would be a problem.(i grew up in a dx) so i guess im used to waiting for my mom to get in the car then she would unlock the passenger side door and then i would unlock the back door for my sister.like i said as long as the driver side works who cares about the rest...haha

skong
09-28-2013, 05:47 PM
under his avatar it says 4 door.

back to Skong- You might want to replace the main switch and i know there is a lil box under the passengers seat that controls the door locks.(not really sure on that one) I had keyless entry on my coupe(had to install aftermarket actuator on drivers door) so like that i can get in and out. Unless you have kids or always ridding with alot of people in your sedan i dont think it would be a problem.(i grew up in a dx) so i guess im used to waiting for my mom to get in the car then she would unlock the passenger side door and then i would unlock the back door for my sister.like i said as long as the driver side works who cares about the rest...haha

yeah, i get what your saying, thanks. my family rarely rides in my car, so its always clean, lol